Chapter Eighteen

Hey guys! Sorry I took a little longer with this one, midterms were taking up my time along with essays .__. This is a longer one so enjoy! I used parts from the movie to keep everything within the flow of the events. COMMENT!!
xoxo
___________________

Delia
.
.
.
It'd been a few months since we got back from our holidays. Draco and I were craftily seeing each other and at this point, I knew I loved him. I just couldn't work up the courage to say so and he was still entertaining Pansy. It hurt more than I thought it ever could to see them together. Draco meant everything to me. His perfectly angular face, soft white-blonde hair and piercing grey eyes were a comfort to me. He'd made me feel so special on my seventeenth birthday in February, I just couldn't get enough. It was his presence... it was intoxicating. Increasingly so with every day.

Harry was having a hard time retrieving a memory from Slughorn and then it happened that same day. Ron had been poisoned. Hermione and I were rushing to the infirmary and I could tell she was really worried.
"Mione, I'm sure Ron will be fine. He's being taken care of." I said, turning the corner. The infirmary was straight ahead through the two large doors.
"I just don't understand how." She looked on the verge of tears and I pressed my lips together. Rubbing her back in comfort, I pushed the door open with my free hand. Snape, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Slughorn and Harry turned to look at us. Hermione rushed to his side and I saw Ginny on the opposite side of the bed. Ron looked peaceful and I let out a sigh of relief, thankful he was alright. From everyone's conversation, Ron had taken a sip of poisoned mead and fallen victim to its effects. He'd seized and thankfully Harry was smart enough to use a bezoar. I didn't understand why this was happening. The Burrows were just being rebuilt and now this. Mrs. Weasley must be going mad.

"Where is he? Has he been asking for me?!" I heard Lavender Brown's frantic voice as she came running in. Hermione paid her no attention and I could sense an impending confrontation bubbling to the surface.
"What's she doing here?" Lav asked, with a tone of disapproval in her voice.
"I might ask you the same question." Hermione retorted.
"I happen to be his girlfriend."
"I happen to be his..friend." Lav laughed in disbelief. My eyes flickered to Ginny and she widened her eyes at me.
"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to talk to him now that he's all interesting."
"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo!" Hermione was upset, everyone could tell. "And for the record I've always found him interesting." Ron stirred in his sleep, diffusing the confrontation for a moment.
"Ah, see? He senses my presence. Don't worry Won Won, I'm here. I'm here." Lav got closer to Ron's body laid on the bed, mumbles erupting from his lips. It was indiscernible at first but I'm sure we could all hear what he said pretty clearly.
"Her..mione....Hermione..." I looked down trying to hide the smile on my face in respect of Lav. She ran away in tears and Harry had a small smirk on his face.
"Oh to be young and feel love's keen sting. Come away everyone. Mr. Weasley is well tended." Dumbledore said gently, leaving the room with the rest of the professors behind him. Hermione held Ron's hand and I could see she was perfectly content. She looked between me and Harry, trying to hide her smile and failing miserably.
"Oh, shut up." Harry, Ginny and I walked away to give her the long overdue time she'd wanted with Ron. They were perfect for each other, but incredibly stubborn. As Harry and I were heading to the common room, he stopped on the staircase. I followed his eyes and saw Draco going up the stairs opposite us. Christ. Perfect timing. Harry looked at me and moved to follow him.
"Harry let's go back to the common room." I said cooly, trying to diffuse his interest in where Draco was going. He shook his head and followed Draco so I decided to go along. I could feel my palms start to sweat because I was nervous he'd see what Draco was up to. Part of me didn't want to find out to be quite honest. I mean, what if he's up to something...I don't know. He'd been going to the Room of Requirement more often, asking me not to follow. I shook my head and tailed behind Harry. Draco slipped around the corner and when we caught up, he'd completely disappeared. I knew he'd probably gone into the Room of Requirement.

"He's up to something. I know it." Harry said, turning to walk back to the common room. I stayed quiet.
.
.
.
Ron was released later that day after he'd woken up and we were in the Great Hall when I felt something cold on my cheek.
"Stop it, Ron. You're making it snow." Hermione said. Ron shifted next to her and looked her in the eye.
"Tell me again how I broke up with Lavender?"
"Um well, she came to visit you in the hospital...and you talked. I don't think it was a particularly long conversation."
"Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. She just seems a bit put out." We turned to look at Lavender behind us as she glared our way, with a deathly grip on a spoon in her hand. I lifted my eyebrows and turned back around.
"She does, doesn't she? And you say you don't remember anything from that night? Not one thing?" Hermione asked with a hint of hopefulness  in her voice.
"There is something,"  Harry and I looked at each other. "But no, it can't be. Besides, I was completely boggled, wasn't I?" I rolled my eyes and looked down at my copy of Frankenstein. Tattered and old as it was, it was my favorite.
"Right. Boggled." Hermione said, disappointed. I heard a group of girls in hushed whispers gathered at the entrance of the Great Hall. I couldn't see who it was so I turned back to my book.
"Harry. That's Katie. Katie Bell." I felt Harry get up and follow Katie.
"D'you think she's okay?" I asked.
"I hope so. Harry hasn't stopped worrying since the attack." Hermione said. A few moments later I felt someone rush past me. Turning to see who it was, I saw Harry. I closed my book and followed him. What had him in such a rush? He'd disappeared so I couldn't figure out where he was for quite some time.

I saw water coming from one of the bathrooms and walked towards it. Someone must've left the sink running.
"Sectumsempra!" Harry yelled from inside the bathroom. I ran in, water soaking my shoes.
"Harry what's going-Oh my god." The scene before me shocked me to the core. Draco laid in the pool of blood soaked water with red wounds visible under his white dress shirt. I ran to his side, grabbing his hand. I took off my sweater and tried to stop the bleeding by pressing it against his chest but there were too many cuts to cover.
"Harry what did you do? What did you do?!" I raised my voice at him, tears welling in my eyes. Draco's sobs echoed in the bathroom as fresh tears streaked my own face. He looked at me pleadingly and I gently caressed his cheek.
"Shh, you're going to be alright. It's okay, Draco." My voice quivered as the blood continued to soak his shirt and just then, the door slammed open, Snape walking in. Snape looked at Harry then at Draco. He kneeled next to him and took out his wand.
"Ms. Edwards, I'm going to need you to step aside." I nodded, moving my bloodied sweater away. My white dress shirt was stained with his blood when I'd reached to touch his face. I looked at Harry angrily while he was pale as a ghost. Harry walked out of the bathroom, and I turned to look back at Draco.
"Vulnera sanentur. Vulnera sanentur." Snape chanted as the blood returned to his body, Draco still in pain.
.
.
.
Draco had fallen unconscious soon after Snape had gotten there and I was in complete shock. I couldn't believe Harry had done this to Draco. I knew they didn't get along by any means but this was too far. I walked back to the Gryffindor common room in a haze, the bloody sweater in my hand. People were looking at me but I didn't pay them any attention. When I walked in, Ron and Hermione rushed to my side.
"Delia what happened? Who's blood is that? Is it yours?" Hermione asked frantically. I slowly looked her in the eyes as a tear slipped down my cheek and shook my head.
"Bloody hell, Delia. Who's is it?" Ron questioned, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Ask Harry." I let out in a whisper, gaining a wide eyed look from the both of them. I walked past them upstairs and stood in front of the mirror. My face was ashen, eyes a dark almost black color. Draco's blood had stained my shirt and skin, even my hair. I took off my shoes and laid in bed, grateful for Ella's warmness. I'd go back in a few hours to check on him but for now, I needed to sleep. I needed to escape, to deny myself the reality of the fact that Draco had been attacked by one of my best friends.