CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Athena walked the halls in an attempt to find Betty, Jughead or Ronnie

Athena walked the halls in an attempt to find Betty, Jughead or Ronnie. She instead found Archie and was instantly consumed with guilt that Betty had to find out from her sister that she and Archie had kissed. "Hey, I just wanted to explain why I didn't call you after the party. My mom showed up out of nowhere." Athena made sure to keep walking so she could prevent herself from falling into his arms. "That's insane, Arch." She kept fast walking with Archie trailing behind her, struggling to keep up with all the students walking around them.

"Are we going to talk about what happened between us?" Archie grabs onto her sleeve preventing her from retreating into the office of Blue and Gold. "I really do like you, Arch. I just have to talk to Betty." Archie nodded, trying to resist the urge to hold her in his arms.

"I really want you to come to homecoming with me." He looked down at her as she faked contemplation before giggling. "Of course." She stood up on the tip of her toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek before walking into the office. Betty stood with her back towards the door as she shuffled through papers. "Betty, can we talk?" Athena slowly walked up to the blonde as she turned to face her.

"About what?" Betty seemed genuinely confused at her question and shrugged. She interpreted this as Betty being angry. "I am so sorry about Jughead's birthday and what Cheryl said about Archie and I even though it was the truth." She said before giving Betty a cupcake. She laughed at Athena's stuttering and shook her head as her mother walked in

"Athena. I'm with Jughead and I really like him so go get your man." Betty whispered to the redhead before Veronica walked in. "Oh, finally, close that door." The women huddled in a circle in the middle of the room before Mrs. Cooper continued. "Ladies, I need you to look around the room. Whoever is not in this room is on the table as a possible murder suspect. Including those Pussycats."

"Oh, my God, Mom." Betty chuckled. "Now, let's talk about your father." They all turn to Ronnie as she prepares to state her case. "He has an epic grudge against the Blossoms, so yes. It's totally within the realm of possibility that he hired someone from jail to kill Jason. Maybe Jughead's dad." Athena's eyes widened, not knowing if FP was really capable of killing a kid. "You really believe that?" Betty was just as shocked at the accusations.

"My dad paid Jughead's dad to trash the drive-in. Maybe he paid him to--" Athena scoffed quietly before shaking her head. "Commit murder. And, for all we know, that gay Greaser Serpent is an accomplice." Athena wasn't really believing it. "And what are you basing that off? That you saw FP and Joaquin talking?"

"It didn't look like they were talking. It looked like they were conspiring." Athena shook her head and scoffed. "Conspiring about what?" Athena laughed. She couldn't believe these people. "That's what I need you to find out. Either through Jughead or FP directly, without raising suspicion, of course. Which is why I have prepared a seemingly innocuous list of questions."