CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Athena had a dilemma

Athena had a dilemma. To either, get drunk and have fun or to help her dear friends with their struggles. "Screw it." She danced with Archie in a less than formal manner. The pair laughed their troubles away until She did a twirl and as she came back round, Archie was replaced with a random shirtless man.

"Hey, baby." Yet another dilemma was placed in front of her. To dance with a random man or to find her knight in shining armor. But alas tonight was a night of mistakes and 'screw it' situations. Athena stayed with the shirtless man before somehow ending up dancing with Reggie. "Mantle, how is it that we always end up dancing together?"

"I have no idea but thank god for that mystical force." They laughed and danced together until Athena was about to faint. "I'll be back. Maybe." She shimmied her way towards the backyard where she saw Archie's familiar red hair, which was approaching Valerie. She rushed down to hear what the boy had to say. "Valerie, hey." Archie was clearly drunk and couldn't get a word out that wasn't slurred

"I'm looking for Melody." Val attempted to push past him but he just stood in her way. "No, no, no, can we talk? I just wanted to say what if-- What if we made a mistake?" Archie tried putting his hands on the girl's waist. Athena couldn't even comprehend what she was hearing. They had kissed and stupidly she had assumed that it meant something. "First of all, we didn't do anything. I broke up with you because I thought you were a hot mess. Clearly, I was right." Val attempted to push past as Athena sat on the steps below, watching the scene unfold in front of her.

"Wait, Valerie" Archie attempted to stop her once again before having a drink thrown in his face causing people to either laugh or gasp. "What is your problem, Archie? You shut me out, remember? It's too late." Val stormed off with Melody at her side. Archie pushed by everyone with a dazed look on his face. Athena got up to follow him but stopped in her tracks once she saw Chuck and Cheryl stopping Jughead from leaving through the front door.

"Listen up, party people. Everyone has their secrets. And we've all done our fair share of sinning. That's one thing my dear brother's death has revealed. So, let's play a little game to get those secrets out in the open." Cheryl locked the door and then started to round up all the partiers into Archie's lounge. "What the hell is secrets and sins?" Jughead sighs out. He really did not want to be here and to be honest, neither did Athena.

"It's a variation of Truth or Dare. In which we own our truths. By telling it like it is. I'll start the game with Veronica Lodge." Cheryl smiled fakely at Veronica. "Naturally." Veronica sarcastically smiles at Cheryl before listening to what she has to say. "Let's begin with the day you and your mob wife of a mother came to town for a so-called fresh start. Tell us, Veronica, what's so fresh about defiling Archie Andrews in a closet?"

"That was your doing." Ronnie scoffs, shaking her head. "Moving on to dear Daddy Lodge. Isn't it true that your father, from prison, illegally purchased the drive-in land? Which makes me wonder. What else is he doing from behind bars" Cheryl asked as Athena rolled her eyes. "Well, I can't speak for my father, but I can think of someone with a very dirty secret. Specifically, Cheryl killing her very own brother." Athena gasped in excitement. Her bitch of a sister deserved to be put in her place, especially after crashing Jughead's birthday.