CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Mr

"Mr. Andrews! Nice haircut. You're looking extremely DILF-y today." Fred looked extremely confused and honestly, a little creeped out. "Is Archie home?" Athena asked with a sympathetic smile to get everything over with. "Athena, yes. Um, come on in." A smile washed over the middle-aged man's features as he saw the girl he liked and recognized. Cheryl walked in as Athena gave her non-biological parent a hug as she hadn't seen or talked to him in weeks.

"How're you holding up, sweets." Athena smiled at the childhood nickname and walked inside, closing the door behind her. "I'm doing alright. I was so sorry to hear about your construction site getting vandalized, I really do hope nothing else happens." He smiled and they walked towards the kitchen where Cheryl, Archie, and Jughead were.

"An '84 Les Paul. In our signature color. You're welcome. Okay. That's all. I'm going now. My claustrophobia acts up in small houses. See you tomorrow." Cheryl leaned and kissed Archie's cheek as they all stood still in shock. "Archie, can I talk to you in private?" The boy nodded before Fred and him both moved into the lounge, away from Jughead and Athena. "So, Athena. Archie told me about your confession." Jughead smiles slightly at the girl.

"I was very emotional and I had to get everything out so yeah." Athena quickly said to the boy as she picked a slice of pizza from his plate. "He feels bad about it. Doesn't want to lead you on, I guess." Athena nodded slowly whilst chewing on her pizza. "I get that vibe from him, but I am trying to get over it because it isn't going to happen." She stood up and walked towards the door that leads to the halls.

"Adios, Mi Amor." Athena blew a kiss at her friend who cringed and caught it. She laughed and walked to the door, but before she walked through, she heard an argument between Archie and his father. "Don't think for a second that the Blossoms are looking out for you. They're using you, Archie. They look at us like we're dirt under their shoe." Athena knew that they weren't specifically talking about her but the generalization did still hurt.

She opened the front door and shut it behind her which Archie and his father would no doubt have been able to hear. She walked home and sat down on her bed with a sigh. She couldn't help but feel sad. She was a Blossom, yes. But it was the soul-crushing news that she was in the same category as her crazy parents and sister.

+ + +

"We were tested this year. As a town, as a company, mainly as a family. And it may not have been Jason's hand that staked the maple this year, but it was the hand of hope." Everyone clapped at her father's speech as they were doing it in a fake manner. "Polly, I just wanted to let you know that Betty was and is heartbroken that you didn't tell her about the twins." Polly just smiled and nodded as they continued to eat their food. Polly got up and took Archie for a dance. Athena sat, watching the two dances like a hawk before her attention was drawn to her fighting father and sister.

"I'm so done with this!" Athena heard her sister shout at their father. "Do not make a scene." Her father attempted to quietly silence the girl as she did indeed make a scene with most of the family glancing towards the fight that was brewing. No doubt that they were collecting evidence to use against their family.

"No, I'm done. I'm done!" She walked out into the frigid winter air with Archie following her out. Athena got up with her red beaded floor length dress dragging behind her as she made her way to where her sister and Archie had just exited. The air was cold and the snow crunched under her heels as she walked and tried to find Archie or at least her sister. Snow fell onto her bare skin causing her to shiver and rub her hands up and down her biceps.

She decided to make her way towards the pool and as she spotted them, Cheryl pushed her lips upon Archie's. Athena gasped and stumbled backward, distraught with emotion. Her best friend who had a girlfriend was kissing her sister even though Athena had admitted her feelings. She stumbled away and walked towards her front door. No, she needed to get the hell out of there. She walked down her driveway, sitting on the bench out the front of the lodge, she contemplated the ways she could approach this situation.

She could tell Archie what she saw and either act cool or upset at it. She could stay silent and beat herself up over it. She couldn't decide. The one thing she did know. She was going to tell Archie within the next few days. "Athena." She turned to see Archie. Her sister's lipstick still on his lips, staining the red with flakes scattered on them. Athena straightens her head and looked ahead and away from the ginger-haired boy. "What are you doing out here?" He asked, sitting down next to her. The bench had been covered in snow but Athena didn't care.

"I came here to process because I saw you, Archie. At the pool with my sister. A plus for subtly by the way." Athena sarcastically spoke. "Look, Athena I--" Athena didn't want to hear it. "I get it. You picked her over me but what about Val?" Athena at this point had tears gathering in her eyes which caused Archie to become distraught as well. He had hurt his best friend and this, in turn, caused him pain.

"Athena, it wasn't what it looked like. I didn't pick you over her--" He tried desperately to defend himself, but Athena was done with the conversation. "Really, Archie? You have picked everyone over me and I'm sick of it. I know you so well but since the summer I--" Athena was cut off as Archie pressed his lips to hers. She was shocked at first. This is what she had been waiting for and as a million thoughts raced through her head, she leaned into him and went along with it, moving her lips in synchronization with his.

They parted and both panted. He smiled with a small chuckle and as went to kiss her again, she put her hand to his chest to stop him which caused him to look at her in confusion. "Not while you're still with Val and definitely not with my sister's lipstick on your lips. Not until I have gotten Betty's permission." He laughed and nodded before standing up. He held out his hand so he could help her up from the bench. She gladly took it and her smile grew as his hand didn't leave hers even as they were standing.

"I'm leaving but I'll see you later and hopefully we can, you know, talk." She smiled and nodded at the boy. "I'd like that very much." He laughed and walked away, pulling out his phone so he could no doubt get a lift from his father. Athena smiled to herself and walked back up to her house. She smiled as she passed her sister who had red eyes and a frown adorning her face.

"Cheryl, are you okay?" Athena asked, concerned as she still didn't know what caused her sister's outburst. "I'm fine, dear sister." Cheryl smiled and the two walked back into the banquet with Athena having Archie on her mind and Cheryl having revenge on hers. More specifically, revenge on Archie, Polly, and her traitorous sister.

I am going, to be honest, and say that this was not my favorite and it probably could be amazing if I was a better writer but alas I am not so thanks for putting up with the writing.

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)