CHAPTER ONE

The dreaded first day of school finally arrived and as being part of one of Riverdale's most powerful family, Athena Blossom was required to give a tour to the new girl with Betty

The dreaded first day of school finally arrived and as being part of one of Riverdale's most powerful family, Athena Blossom was required to give a tour to the new girl with Betty. Meeting Veronica Lodge was indeed a shock as Athena found out that she was the girl from last night that captured Archie's gaze and probably more than that. "So, I usually start off my tours with a little history and context. Riverdale High first opened its doors in 1941 and-" Betty says with confidence. On these things, Athena would always let Betty do her thing because she was great at it and absolutely loved it.

"And hasn't been redecorated since, apparently. Honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through the lost epilogue of Our Town." Veronica interrupts "Amen to that." Athena nods looking at the semiformal posters on the wall. "So, what's the social scene like here? Any nightclubs?" Veronica asks when lo and behold, Kevin Keller bursts into the conversation. "A strip club called the Ho Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights, football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale. And Sunday nights, Thank God for HBO." Kevin swoops next to Athena giving her a one arm hug which still seemed to comfort her.

"Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller." Betty introduced the strangers. "Veronica's new here. Kevin is -" Veronica interrupted Kevin, holding out her hand for him to shake. "Gay, thank God. Let's be best friends." Athena was about to ask Veronica a question when Kevin suddenly turns into a gossip queen. "Is it true what they say about your dad?" Athena hits Kevin's non-existent abs as he finishes his sentence.

"That he's the devil incarnate? I stand by my father. Does everyone here know?" A short silence confirms Veronica's suspicions. "Wonderful. Ten minutes in and I'm already the Blue Jasmine of Riverdale High." Deciding to change the subject, Betty quickly interjects. "Oh, and of course there's the Back-to-School semi-formal dance this weekend."

"Oh! There's the hottie we were with last night. The red-headed Ansel Elgort. Is he your boyfriend?" All at once the three friends defend themselves. "No, he's straight." Kevin says with a sigh "No, we're just friends." Betty says putting on a fake smile. "God, I wish," Athena says ignoring Betty's stare. "In that case, mind putting in a word? I've tried every flavor of boy but orange." This caused Athena to gag a little bit.

"To clarify Betty and Archie aren't dating, but they are endgame." Kevin clarifies. Athena then realizes that Betty hadn't told Kevin about how Athena had the same feelings for him as Kevin wasn't the type to simply ignore someone's feelings. "You should ask him to the semiformal then." Veronica nods, encouraging her new friend.

"She should, but I heard it might be getting cancelled. Because of what happened to Jason. They're going to tell us at the assembly." Kevin and Betty supportively each wrap an arm around Athena's shoulders "Whose Jason and what happened to him?"