Chapter 8

"There's no fucking way..." you whispered staring into the mirror

You gripped the bandages tighter in your hand. The scar left from the blast started at the top of your lip traced a straight line over your cheek and eye lid, effectively splitting your eyebrow and stopped a few inches before your hairline. The wound was still tender and pink, dried blood traced that whole side of your face.

"I know that's what I thought when I scanned it." Nurses voice flooded over you

"I-I just can't believe it..." you stared at yourself, "I can see...."

That whole side of your face was stiff and ached softly but against all odds you were staring yourself down with that eye. Everyone expected you to go blind in that eye, L was even preparing you a visor. You leaned over the sink and pulled at the lid inspecting your eye. It was clear from cloudiness that you had seen in the blind (y/n)s. It-it was working just as well as your other one. You turned to Nurse.

"How is this possible?" You asked in a whisper, she responded with a shrug

"The human body works in weird ways, people can always break expectations of the medical field, it's just incredibly hard." Nurse said, "Though, in your case you should have needed at least some sort of surgery to get your eye close to working." She muttered looking at the title floor of the bathroom in thought, "Maybe the blast didn't hit your face as close as we first thought." She offered that as a possible solution

Somehow you knew Rick was involved. You just didn't know how. It had to be how else could you suddenly barely have any use of your eye to having full use of it!? It was impossible! But what if Rick wasn't involved, what if somehow you healed yourself? Somehow changed your vitals or something- you were never any good in the medical field- this whole situation was suspicious.

"Well I'm gonna throw out these nasty bandages." Nurse stated taking the bandages from your hand, "Feel free to get used to your new look." She added leaving the room

"Huh." You said your hand subconsciously slipping into the drawer nearest the sink, "Let's add to my 'New Look'" you said pulling out a pair of scissors and clipping them together

~~

You had found an electronic razor and buzzed the left half of your head leaving only a small amount of fuzz. You had cut the longer half of your hair with the scissors. It was almost like your hair was having a revolution of its own. You left it long enough to cover the right side of your face, your scar. You chuckled softly setting the razor down. You had found two eyebrow rings- you didn't question whose they were- and put them in your right brow. Pushing a few stands of hair from your face you grinned at your reflection.

"I like it."

(/\ something like that is what you look similar too sorry for not warning you about my shit art let's continue the story)

You pushed out of the bathroom and walked down to med-bay. Nurse had her back turned to you as she worked on something. You cleared your throat drawing some of her attention to you.

"Ah, Boss I was wondering when you'd-" she was cut off as she turned around and saw you, "Oh! I'm sorry I thought you were someone else."

You rolled your eyes, "Who else do you know who has a fresh scar on their face Nurse?" You said in a laughing tone, "So do you like it?"

She whistled, "I like it, though it is missing something." She chuckled walking over to a drawer and pulling out a spiked choker-collar

"I'm just not gonna ask why you have that in a medical drawer. So instead I'll ask why you want me to wear a collar?" You said as she clipped it on

"It gives you a more edgy tough (y/n) look that will make the Ricks think you'll fuck 'um up real bad." Nurse chuckled, "Plus it looks nice around your throat." She shot you a wink which chased to you to grow slightly flustered, "Now I'd go talk to Lab and tell 'er that you don't need the visor."

You nodded and started down the hall towards the labs. You pushed through the doors to the lab. L was there and she smiled seeing you.

"Hello! Are you knew? Do you need your tag removed?" She asked happily

"You and I both know that tag can't be removed." You stated coolly, "Im just here to tell you, you don't need to make me a visor I can sEE!!" You yelled happily pointing to your scared eye

She gasped happily, "That's amazing! P.S. I have meals made up for you help reduce the tags... abilities, but I can add some more meds to make sure this ain't a fluke! And to make your sight stronger!" She giggled happily, "I am so happy for you! Actually I'm beyond happy! I astounded, overjoyed-" you chuckled as she started listing off different synonyms for 'happy'

At least things were looking up in this dreary place... for now.