--ten--

"Hi Harry!" Atticus exclaimed now being right in front of me. "Long time huh little bro?"

"Like thirteen years! Where the hell have you been?" He shrugged. "Tell me now."

"Jail." He let the L hold out a little longer. "Nothing big, so calm down." I hadn't even noticed I'd clenched my hands into a fist.

"Why the hell were you in jail Atticus?" He rolled his eyes.

"I took some stuff and yeah landed me there for about six years then I moved over to America and got the rest of my time for something, I can't remember."

"There's no where for you to stay." I added.

"Yeah with mum and Gemma." I shook my head.

"Mum doesn't like us and Gemma left without saying goodbye." His eyes winded in disbelief. "And there's no way in hell your staying with me and Liam."

"You live with Liam now?" I nodded. "Oh please let me stay with you! Please!"

"No! You left me when I needed you Atticus and now I hate you." I went back to walking.

"Ashton was right about you." I stopped and turned to face Atticus. "He said you changed and I see it now."

"I haven't changed, I'm not even different." He chuckled.

"Aren't you married." I hung my head low. "What happened?"

"I kinda sorta cheated." He chuckled.

"Harry Styles can't be t-" like an ass I cut him off.

"I can be tamed and I wanted to marry her, more that anything! But I fucked up and ruined any chances of that!" He nodded.

"I'm sorry bro." He patted my back. "Now can I please stay with you?"

"Your an ass." He nodded. "I guess so."

"Holy hell! Thank you!" I chuckled and them went on waking with Atticus trailing behind.

***

"Liam this is my older brother, Atticus." Liam chuckled looking at Atticus. He did look pretty strange. He had on like black girl skinny jeans and some neon converse with some odd shirt with a galaxy cat on it or some shit.

"Hey this was all they had at goodwill that fit me." I chuckled.

"Well I'm Liam, welcome I guess?" I hit Liam and he chuckled. "So what brings you here Atticus?"

"He needed a place to stay so I said he could chill here." Atticus nodded. "Okay, well the guest room is down the hallway and there should be some spare clothes in there have them." Atticus thanked Liam then headed off.

"He's strange I know." Liam nodded. "Will I'm knackered, so I'm headed to bed."

"Sleep well Harry." I nodded going into my room.

Once fully changed and ready for bed I slipped under my navy blue duvet. I was about to turn out the light when my phone buzzed and lit up with Kaelin's name.

"Harry, it's scary here.~K" I chuckled.

"What do you want me to do?~H" I was surprised at how quick she typed back.

"I dunno, um........I'm lost.~K"

"Do you want me to come over?~H"

"Okay if you insist.~K"

"Okay, be there soon bye. Xx~H"

I jumped outta bed and threw back on all my clothes making sure to grab my extra warm sweater then headed for the front door. "Where are you going now?"

"I left something at Kaelin's, I'll be back later," he nodded and let me leave. The walk to Kaelin's seemed longer than usual, like a lot longer. Finially when I reached her house she was waiting on her porch.

"Hey, why are you outside?" I noticed her wipe a tear from her eye.

"I couldn't be inside and that's why I texted you." She sniffled gathering the blacker around her to cover her legs.

"So why are you crying?" I asked sitting down by her on the cold steps.

"My parents got in a fight and now are getting in a divorce." Another tear fell from her eye. "And my dad got custody of Javelin and their moving to Ireland in two days."

"Oh babe, I'm sorry." I rubbed her back with my hand. "This shouldn't be happening to you."

"But it is. And it hurts more because Javelin just got home from being gone for nearly two days." Her eyes focused on the ground. "I just can't be here Harry."

"Would you like to go somewhere?" She nodded. "Well go put on actual clothes and we'll leave."

We hopped up and headed inside. She went to her room and I headed for the couch. I waited for abut till she came down wearing the same shorty shorts she had on before but a different shirt and her pink converse.

"I didn't wanna change my shorts." I nodded following her outside. "Where are we gunna go?"

"We could go to my place, hey I think my brothers awake, you could meet him!" She chuckled nodding.

***

"Atticus this is Kaelin, Kaelin this is my older brother Atticus." He smiled.

"It's nice to meet you!" He exclaimed. "Im really tired, so im sorry but im heading to bed." With that he walked off.

"He's quite strange." Kaelin added gigling.

"I know, but you gotta love him." She giggled and yawned right between, so it was like a giggle yawn, okay whatever. "You seem tired, would you like to sleep?"

"Id love to but, there's no way in hell I'm going home." I chuckled.

"Don't be silly! You can have my bed, i'll just sleep out here on the couch." She nodded standing up.

"Goodnight Harry." I smiled.

"Night." With that she left and I settled down for bed.

***

"Harry?" A faint voice whispered. "Harry?"

"Kaelin? What's wrong?" I asked propping myself up on one elbow.

"I'm scared alone in your room." She said sitting on the couch across from me. "Will y-you come sleep by me?"

"Yeah, I guess." I hopped up and followed her to my bed. She slid underneath the duvet and I crawled in behind her. We stayed there, not talking just lying down in the silence. It wasn't a weird silence it was a peaceful silence, like the kind after a first kiss or a first I love you. I missed stuff like this, with her.

After awhile I felt her scoot closer to me. She placed her hands on my chest and snuggled into me. On instinct I wrapped my arm around her. This is killing me. Not having her here with me, to keep my company at night. I need her, and I will get her.