Chapter 20

Kathrine thanked Amitiel once last time and bid everyone goodbye before she left. While walking, through the forest, she heard as if someone was calling her. “Katherine!” the voice called. She looked around and saw no one but it was being called over and over. She followed the voice and kept following it until she found the person. “Katherine!” exclaimed Zachary pulling her into a hug and stroked her hair but she refused to hug him back. “Where were you?” he questioned with concern emanating from his time. “I was worried sick. Are you alright?”

   She tried to push him away but his arms were wrapped tightly and protectively around her. “Leave me alone,” she murmured while finally getting away from his strong grip. “What’s wrong?” he asked caressing her. He grabbed his wrist and moved his hand. She began walking away while responding,” Nothing.” He immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her back. “I know something’s wrong,” he murmured “Please tell me.”

   “Why?” she asked softly “What?” he whispered “You had to kill me,” she said raising her voice “Why didn’t you?” Zachary was amazed. He didn’t know how she was able to find out. “What are you talking about?” he inquired trying to get off topic. “I never had to kill you.” Katherine pulled away from him with a force which made Zachary alert. “Stop lying!” she yelled angrily. “I know Oliver told you to kill me so why didn’t you?”

  Zachary didn’t want to answer her question “I told-““Please answer me she pleaded interrupting Zachary while hugging him. He gently shoved her away, turning his back when he heard her whisper,” Please Zachary.” He turned to face her once again. His fiery red eyes were the warmest and softest she’s ever seen. They were gentle and loving and his lips were curled into a frown.

“Because I fell in love with you,” he murmured “The moment I saw you in the water, I fell for you and I couldn’t have killed you. I had to save you and not let you drown.” Katherine couldn’t believe what she heard. I mean for pirate to say they love someone is saying it’s possible to live without air. Their hearts were always filled with lust and not love.

  “You have to believe me,” he whispered stroking her cheek. “And I know you love me to.” He was right and Katherine knew it. She could see in his eyes and she really loved him “It’s in your smile, Katherine,” he said softly. He pulled her into a hug and brushed his lips against hers and they kissed.

  Finally she knew how he felt and she felt the same. A happily ever after? Think again.