Chapter 10

Katherine was awakened by the sudden rays of sunlight which shone through the windows of the cabin. When her eyes opened, she saw Zachary fast asleep, using her stomach as a pillow. She tried to push him off but with every move she made his grip got tighter and tighter keeping her secure in place.

   She sighed and just lay there knowing that whatever she did, he wouldn’t let her go. She was staring at the ceiling when she heard him say,” Good morning, my love.” She remained silent and never replied to his ‘good morning’. “You know you make a really good pillow,” he continued. Katherine rolled her eyes and still said nothing. “Ah, the silent treatment,” he said smirking “That wouldn’t work on me, sweetheart.” “Zachary, let me go,” she murmured “Hmm?” he said burying his face into her stomach. “Let me go,” she pleaded. “Why should I do that?” he inquired.

    She couldn’t answer his question. “If you tell me why, I’ll let you go,” he stated arrogantly. “I’m waiting,” he grinned. “I don’t know,” she mumbled “Just please get off me” He began staring into her silver eyes and she tried to break eye contact but she found herself staring at him pretty much the same he was staring at her. Zachary knew he was making her uncomfortable so he fulfilled her wish by getting off her.

  Katherine was quite surprised. She didn’t expect him to listen to her so easily but none the less she was glad he did. He was sitting on the edge of the bed and she noticed that the happy, proud smirk was no longer plastered on his lips.

  “Are you okay?” she asked softly, sitting up. He looked at her and answered,” Yeah, I’m fine” She didn’t know why but she was relieved to hear that. Zachary realized that she was a little worried about him. “You seem quite concerned,” he stated with the smirk on his lips once again. “Is it a sign that you’re falling for me or do you already love me?” Katherine’s  eyes widened and she scoffed. “In your dreams, fire eyes,” she said rolling her eyes. Zachary laughed at her comment and continued making fun of her. He didn’t seem his age. She thought he was very immature for a twenty-four year old but she began hating him less.

   You never know what that hatred could turn into some day.