Chapter 22

In the middle of the night, Zachary awoke with a start with the feeling that something was wrong. As he turned to see if Katherine was alright, she wasn’t there. He immediately scurried off the bed and searched the entire room but found no trace of her. He sat on the bed in shock. Where was she?

  Under her pillow, he saw what seemed to be a piece of paper with writing. He unfolded it and began reading it with a concerned look plastered on his face. It said:

My Dearest Zachary,

                                               I’m sorry that I cannot be with you right now. As much as I love you, I must leave. I need to return to Capulet to find answers. I am aware that if I return, Oliver will kill me but I am willing to take this chance even if it means never seeing you again. I need closure. Please understand. I will miss you dearly.

                                                                                                                                              Your maiden,

                                                                                                                                              Your poppet,

                                                                                                                                              Your love,

                                                                                                                                              Katherine.

  Zachary was heartbroken. He couldn't let her leave. He couldn't lose her. He loved her too much. He wanted her at his side. He was going after her even if it means he'll die instead of her. Luckily he was able to catch up to her before she left. She was at the dock about to get into a boat. 

   "Katherine!" he called. She immediately turned around when she heard him. "Zachary what are y-" She was cut off by him hugging her. "Please don't go," he begged "Please don't leave me" "Zachary," she murmured "I have to." "No you don't," he argued "Does my love mean nothing to you?" he asked with hurt and sadness echoing in his tone. Tears began falling from Katherine's eyes. "Zachary I love you and you mean everything to me. Please understand," she whispered. "I don't want to lose you, Katherine," he said softly "You won't," she assured him "I promise."

     Zachary's heart softened and he let Katherine go from his grip. He kissed her gently and said,"I'll see you soon." She smiled and bid him farewell. She just hope she will.