Chapter 18

Katherine was awakened the next morning with a start. When she woke, she realized that she was alone in the room and Zachary was nowhere to be found. She couldn’t believe she slept with him. She knew this was something she couldn’t forgive herself but she needed to and put it behind her.

   Since she was alone and bored out of her mind, she decided to explore the rest of the island. She quickly changed and took her dagger with her for protection. She was going to prove that she was capable of fighting and taking care of herself.

  Magdalena was very different from Celestyna. One thing was sure, it was way hotter but its waters seemed to be purer and its air fresher. It seemed to be livelier as if the people living there didn’t have in care in the world. It was like if everything was made for them already and they didn’t have to work a day in their lives.

   While wandering around, she found a part of the island that was quite different. It was a forest but it wasn’t like any other. There was something about it that made it special. It was dark and there was no sight of light in it although it was daytime but you still got a feeling of goodness from it.

  Curiosity got the better of her and she decided to go into the forest. As she entered, she felt as if she was in a different universe. Inside the forest was night and it was snowing. She touched the snowflakes as they fell, wondering if they were real or not. Everything, even the snow seemed whiter and winter felt colder here.

  While wandering a bit further, she came across a village of light. There were very tiny homes. So small, it would be impossible for a human to enter. She was even more amazed by what she found living there. There were actually tiny humans with elves’ ears and wings made of light. Those creatures were fairies. When they saw Katherine, they became afraid and hid from her. “Don’t be afraid,” she said softly and sweetly “I won’t hurt you.”

At that comment, they started coming out of hiding slowly. Katherine didn’t feel threatened by them and wanted the feeling to be likewise. One of the fairies flew forward. She seemed to be the leader but was quite young. “I am Amitiel,” she stated “Fairy of Truth and Grace of Life. I am the queen of the Fairies. You may call me Titania if you wish” Katherine nodded humbly and said, “Yes, your majesty.” “What is your name, love?” Amitiel asked softly. “My name is Katherine,” she answered “Princess of Celestyna.”