Chapter 8

Katherine was awakened from her unconscious state by the feeling of someone stroking her hair. When she opened her eyes, she saw a young man, about twenty-four years of age, with olive coloured skin, pitch black hair and fiery eyes like the redness of the rising sun, sitting beside her on the bed she was on, stroking her hair. Startled, she immediately pulled away from him.

  “It’s ok, love,” he whispered “I won’t bite.” “Who are you?” she asked softly. “I’m Captain Zachary Crain,” he responded “And you?” “Katherine,” she murmured “Where am I?” “You’re aboard my ship, Katherine,” he answered “Why am I here?” she questioned. Zachary started to chuckle which confused Katherine. “Why am I here?” she repeated slightly annoyed.

  “I’m the one that ordered my men to sink your ship, my dear princess,” he responded “Hoping to find precious jewels but…………the only precious jewel I found was you so I decided to keep my precious jewel.” Katherine’s eyes widened. She wondered how he knew she was a princess. She did not want to stay with him. “After all,” he continued “Finders keepers.” Katherine was worried as hell. “W-What about Oliver?” she questioned “Hmm?” he asked blankly “You mean that poor excuse for a man and sailor?”

 “How dare you insult him?” Katherine asked furiously standing up. Zachary glared at her and raised an eyebrow at her comment. Before she knew it, Zachary had unsheathed his sword and the tip of it was at her neck.

  “You might be a princess, love,” he said in a deadly tone “ but you dare not speak to me in that manner.” Katherine swallowed and shook her head quickly. Zachary withdrew his sword and said,” Follow me.” When she agreed, he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder and made his way up to the deck.

   When they got to the deck, he threw her to the floor as if she was something without the sense of feel. When she looked up, she saw Oliver and his right-hand man jack chained to a wooden post. ” Oliver!” she screamed trying to go near him but unfortunately for her, she got held back by one Zachary’s crew members.

“K-Kathrine,” Oliver moaned as he wearily opened his eyes. Katherine tried to break free but the pirate was holding on too tightly and Oliver himself was helpless. Zachary walked up to Oliver and pointed his sword to his chest. “My dear Katherine,” he said trying to be sweet “Do you want to see what happens to someone who’s worthless?” “No, Zachary don’t,” she pleaded. He withdrew his sword and said,” Be my mistress.” Katherine’s eyes widened and Oliver wanted to punch him. “Be my mistress and I won’t kill him. In fact, I’ll return him safely to Capulet,” he stated boldly “If you don’t, he will die,” he continued, pointing his sword to Oliver’s chest once again. “You bastard!” Oliver yelled “Let her go!” Zachary walked up to Katherine and gently caressed her cheek.

  “Be mine,” he whispered to her ear “Be mine and I’ll love you more than he ever will. You’ll have anything you desire and more. Please.” “Katherine don’t listen to him!” Oliver shouted “Don’t worry about me! I’ll be fine.” Tears slowly trickled down Katherine’s cheek. “Oliver,” she murmured “I’m sorry. I’ll be your mistress, Zachary.” “Nooo!” Oliver yelled “Katherine!” A smirk appeared on Zachary’s face. He was about to leave Katherine when she grabbed his arm. “Promise me,” she said with her voice breaking “Promise me he’ll get to Capulet safely.”

   “He will,” said Zachary pulling her into a hug away from the pirate that held her in custody. “I promise you and a pirate keeps his word,” Zachary whispered trying to comfort her.

   If only she knew.