Chapter 3

Katherine arrived at Prince Oliver’s castle with her father as well as her mother. Oliver was the Prince of Capulet. His father, King William arranged the marriage with King Harold III just a couple of months after they were born given the fact that Prince Oliver was two years older than Princess Katherine.

   As Katherine entered the castle, she gave the best courtesy and smiled politely to everyone although it was killing her on the inside. A dashing, young man suddenly walked up to her and asked,” Hello, love, are you Princess Katherine?” Katherine was mesmerized by his voice. It was gentle, sweet and soothing. “Y-Yes,” she said softly. He took her hand gently and kissed it. “My name is Oliver, your highness,” he said bowing and Katherine did a courtesy and said,” Pleased to meet you, Oliver”. He was surprisingly better looking than she had imagined. He was actually really cute and he was also quite polite.

    “Do you want to go out into the garden, your highness?” Oliver asked. Katherine smiled and said,” Yes but you can call me Katherine” “Of course yo- I-I mean Katherine,” said Oliver. Katherine smiled and accepted Oliver’s hand as he escorted her to the garden.

   Katherine believe how beautiful the flowers in the garden were. Oliver let go of her hand and made his way towards the roses. He picked the reddest of roses and gave it to Katherine. “A beautiful rose for a beautiful girl with the sweetest smile,” he commented and made Katherine blush. She was as red as the rose he held before her. Oliver and Katherine talked and got to know each other better. Katherine couldn’t believe it but she was starting to like him. It seemed the more time she spent with him and the more she got to know him, the more she liked him. Maybe she was worried for nothing but did he like her.

   Prince Oliver started to stare into Katherine’s eyes. As much as she wanted to look away, she couldn’t stop gazing into his sparkling eyes. Oliver sighed and said,” I never met someone as beautiful as you. Your eyes are the most gorgeous, your skin the fairest, your hair the silkiest and your lips the reddest.” Katherine blushed and looked at the ground. When she looked up Oliver was holding a ring in his hand. As Katherine was about to speak, he placed a finger on lips and said,” I know the marriage is arranged and we have to get married but I want to hear the definite answer from you.”

   Katherine stared in awe and nodded ‘yes’ and Oliver gave her a deep kiss the minute she did. “This ring,” he said “is my mother’s engagement ring but she’s no longer with us.” “I-I’m sorry to hear that,” she said with her voice softened. “She said right before she died to give it to the person I’m marrying,” he continued. Katherine to cry but she held back the tears. She hugged him and said,” I’ll always wear it since it’s dear to your mother.”

   As Oliver hugged her, he wore a devilish smirk on his face, as if he played the winning card. Dear Katherine had no idea what was in store for her.