Chapter 6

Early the next morning, Katherine met Oliver at the dock. She completely ignored Elliot’s warning and went with Oliver. She was extremely frightened because it would be her very first time away from home on a ship but she pushed away that emotion and focused on the positives. She wore the locket Arthur gave her and it was her hope and courage. The ship finally set sail and everything was fine just one thing was bothering her. She wondered why Oliver didn’t want her to come. Was the sea that rough and bad and he cared about her deeply or was it something else? She was deep in thought staring out into the ocean when she felt arms wrapped around her waist.

  “Are you okay, love?” a voice asked. She tilted her head back slightly and caught glimpse of Oliver. She smiled a little and whispered, “Yeah, I’m fine” “Are you sure?” Oliver questioned “Because if you’re worried or scared it’s ok to tell me and there’s no need to be if you are. As long as I’m here you’re safe and protected.” Oliver was obviously quite concerned about Katherine.

   She broke out of his grip, turned around and gave him a peck on the lips. “Everything’s okay,” she responded “I trust you and I know I’m safe with you.” She hugged him tightly and stayed in that position watching the golden sun continue to rise, bringing light and life to the blue sky.

   Everything was going to be alright or so they thought.