Chapter 7

It’s been three days since they were at sea and Katherine was finally getting used to it. She was beginning to love the feeling of the sun on her skin every morning and the smell of the fresh sea breeze. It was quite late in the evening and Katherine was on the deck watching the sunset when Oliver snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and rubbed his nose along the column of her neck.

  “You ok?” Oliver inquired “Yeah I’m fine,” responded “You know there’s a lot more you can do on this ship besides being outside all the time, you know,” said Oliver. “Like what?” asked Katherine. Oliver unexpectedly picked her up bridal style and carried her to the cabin where he gently lays on the bed. Katherine knew exactly what Oliver meant but she didn’t want to along with it. Oliver hovered over her, placing one hand on her stomach and the other at her side.

     “O-Oliver, I don’t t-think we s-should do t-this,” stammered Katherine. “Why not?” asked Oliver taking off his shirt. “Uh um,” murmured Katherine “maybe we should wait unt-til we’re actually married.” “Oh, come on,” said Oliver seductively, trailing one hand up her smooth, goddess like legs. “I promise you it won’t hurt.” Katherine tried to push him off but pinned her to the bed. He was about to kiss her when he heard frantic knocking on the door. “Captain, Captain!” exclaimed a voice. Oliver pulled away from Katherine and an annoyed look was plastered on his face.

  “What is so important you had to interrupt me?” asked Oliver angrily from inside the cabin. “Captain, we’re under attack!” the voice answered rather impatiently. “What!” shouted Oliver putting on his shirt hurrily. “Jack, prepare the canons and tell the crew to give everything they’ve got to trample the enemy!” “Oliver what’s going on?” asked Katherine frightened “Where are you going?” Oliver hugged her and said,” Stay here, love. It’s not safe out there.”

  With that comment, Oliver disappeared leaving Katherine scared, concerned and puzzled. Katherine ignored Oliver’s warning and crept out of the room, hoping to find him. No matter what she was going to stay at his side. Even if it meant that she would get killed . She wanted her last breath to be with him.

  “Oliver!” she called “Oliver!” She found no trace of him and she wanted to cry. Maybe she should’ve listened to him and remained where it was safe. She found a corner and she curled into a ball and stayed there. She suddenly heard a voice say,” What do you mean she’s not there, Jack?” She immediately rushed up, drying tears from her eyes.” Oliver!” she called when she saw a pair of blue eyes lock with hers.

   “Katherine,” he whispered “Katherine!” He ran and hugged her. “Thank God you’re ok.” “I’m sorry,” she apologized crying “I-I shouldn’t have l-left the r-room I-“ He held her and with his voice softened, “It’s ok.” He dried her tears and comforted her in his arms.

   Out of the blue, the floorboard of the ship split down the middle, separating them and the ship began sinking. With each breath, it sank faster and faster. Fear filled Katherine’s eyes as they plunged into the sea. Trying to breathe again, she swam to the surface, sticking her head out of the surface. She coughed out some of the water from her lungs and looked around to find Oliver.

“Oliver!” she called. Suddenly she spot Oliver but he was too far for her to swim. The ocean was beginning to get rough and the wind picked up. The radiant sun was replaced by dark, gloomy clouds. “Oliver!” she repeated “Help me!” Sadly he did catch a glimpse of her. It was getting and harder to stay above the waters. “Oliver,” she said using her last breath to call him before her eye blacked out as she sank under the water.