Chapter 4

It’s been two months since Katherine met Oliver and they’ve been getting pretty friendly. They spent every spare minute together. One afternoon, Katherine was going to visit Oliver but when she got to his castle, she was told that he was at the dock, preparing his ship to sail. He was not only a Prince but a sailor.

  Katherine had no idea he was leaving. He never mentioned it once to her. She ordered someone to take her to the sea so she could see him before he leaves. When she got there, she immediately called out, Oliver! Oliver where are you?” When Oliver heard her, her was in the ship so she could not see him. She was running around the port looking for him. He came out of the ship and quietly walked up behind her. “You’re looking for me, love,” he said wrapping his arms around her waist making her jump. “Oh!” she exclaimed “You scared me” “I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I didn’t mean to frighten you, sweetheart” “It’s okay,” whispered Katherine. 

 There was a bit of awkward silence when Oliver cleared his throat and said,” Love you wanted to speak to me.” Katherine nodded her head and asked softly,” Are you leaving?” “Yes dear,” answered Oliver releasing his arms from around her and returning to his tasks once again. “When are you leaving?” she questioned “Tomorrow,” replied Oliver flatly. “And you didn’t think to tell me?” There was no answer and Katherine followed Oliver onto the ship. “Don’t worry,” said Oliver sweetly “I’ll only be gone three weeks.” “Three weeks?” inquired Katherine “Oliver our wedding’s next month.” There was silence once again when Oliver left everything he was doing and walked up to Katherine. He held her close to him and kissed her deeply as her arms went around his neck.

  “I’ll return in time for the wedding,” he whispered as he released his arms from around her. As he was about walk away, she grabbed his hand. “Oliver wait,” she said softly. He stopped and waited for her to continue speaking before he walked away. “Take me with you.” “What?” he questioned puzzled “Take me with you to sea,” she said with a serious look plastered on her face. “T-The sea’s n-no place for a l-lady, love,” he stammered. “I don’t care, I want to go with you, Oliver,” she stated firmly. “Katherine, you can’t go,” croaked Oliver “Why not?” she asked. “I already told you why,” said Oliver with his voice raised a little and filled with annoyance..

   “And already told you, I’m going,” persisted Katherine. Oliver prevented himself from raising his voice any louder than he already had. “Okay fine you can go,” he said with his voice in a monotone. Katherine hugged Oliver tightly but he didn’t hug her back. She could tell that she had upset him but she didn’t want to say anything. “We leave at seven o’ clock in the morning, love,” said Oliver. Katherine nodded her head and walked away without saying another word.

   Oliver never knew she could be that persistent but that just made everything fall into place better. Poor Katherine.