Chapter 16

It’s been a week since Katherine’s brothers came to take her back to Celestyna. “Katherine,” whispered “Love, you need to get up. We’re going to dock at Magdalena Island soon.” Immediately, Katherine scurried out of bed. She couldn’t believe the first time in more than three months she’ll be able to be on land. Don’t get her wrong, she loved the sea but she loved flat land way more.

  When they docked, Zachary decided to show Katherine around the certain parts of the island. As they strolled through the island, Zachary kept Katherine close to him. No matter what he never let her go. Since Katherine was a princess, she was not able to leave the kingdom to visit places on her own. She always had guards following her which made her quite upset. Since she was the only daughter, her parents were very protective. Everything was great until Zachary met a familiar face.

  “Zachary,” said a bright, cheerful voice. “It’s been a while” “Taylor,” he said not so happily. “Katherine, this is Taylor. She’s an old ally of mine.” The brunette, green-eyed woman chuckled and began advancing towards Zachary slowly “An old ally,” she whispered to his ear placing soft kisses on his earlobes which made him flinch. “You seem to forget those nights,” she said trailing her hand up his chest which boiled Katherine’s blood. He immediately pulled Katherine closer as she was about to escape from his grip.

“Perhaps I have,” he said angrily “Because I don’t remember them happening.” Out of nowhere, Katherine was pulled away from Zachary’s grip with a force “Come, wench,” a man ordered Katherine. His teeth were yellow and rotten and his appearance was just disgusting. “Let’s get a room.” “Unhand me at once!” she yelled “You have no right to touch me and I’m not going anywhere with you!” Zachary wanted to help Katherine but Taylor was trying to seduce him. The stranger was about to slap Katherine for mouthing him but before he could, Zachary’s sword was already drawn and at his neck. “Touch her and you’re dead,” he threatened. The man quickly released Katherine and scurried away. “Come on,” he whispered “Let’s find an inn and get you cleaned up.”

   Katherine followed Zachary leaving Taylor behind. Eventually they found an inn and Zachary kept his sword drawn on entering. Maybe he does care or is he just pretending? Who knows?