When The Cat is Away...

You could say that I am blessed that Xanaehla's visiting Seraphie for the Bazaar. A relief for me and "Alalkhai". Over tha past weeks, Xanaehla has been quite harsh on him. Whenever she goes to social gatherings, she always makes him wear a collar and treating him like a common pet. I know that she bought "Alalkhai", but I think she may be going to far...

              Things have mellowed down folowing the aftermath of the Beretian genocide. Sapirs affected by the mass outbreak of strong Cryptids were slowly being evacuated from their areas. Sallet is one of those devoted Communes who spearhead this program. Quair and Hagel both volunteered. I would've wanted to, but Xanaehla had other plans.

                I usually bring "Alalkhai" to the Hort so he can move freely. Ironic actually, since this is the only place Xanaehla allows me to bring him to. As for him,  he never converses with anyone at all. He would talk to me, grunts, growls and nods the gist of it. He's very silent towards Quair and Hagel, but he doesn't show hostility. There was one time that he almost wanted to slash Xanaehla's face for her treatment on him, and I thank him for thinking otherwise. In fact, he's like that to every Sapir he sees. I would not blame him, though....

               I spotted him amongst the treetops,looking at the distance. He must miss home and his family. I wanted to help him, I really do, but how would I even start.

               I shook my head. I shouldn't think about these things. I looked over my suroundings. It's so captivating here. I always find the time to go here, and everyday the  scenery just takes my breath away. The lush grass, vibrant flowers, crystal clear pond and the docile cryptids help make the place look like Nirvana. I took a deep breath. Simply being here helps me forget about everything.

"I wanted to ask you something."

           I yelped and almost fell off the bench I was siting on. It was "Alalkahai". I didn't even notice he was no near me. he gave me a perplexed look. 

"You frightened me!"

"My apologies."

"How long haveyou been there?"

"For a while. You seem deep in thought, so I just waited for you to notice me....but it was taking a while so...."

"Oh, that's alright. Your question?"

"Why do you continue enduring Xanaehla's treatment toward you?"

                I looked down. I never really told anyone the reason why. My mother and father used to tell me that I shouldn't let other people push me around and that I should stand up for myself. One of the many obscure memories I had about me.

"Well...... How do I start..."

                 I told him everything. I told him that when I first got sent here, Xanaehla was actually quite friendly towards me. She was still quite the handful, but she was nice. She was just like any other girl. She wanted to make her father proud. Something that was extremely hard to do. The Dathu's a strict and a perfectionist. He had no room for flaws or errors. She wanted her daughter to be the best there is. A burden that was too much for her. I always encouraged her to keep her head high, and that her father does indeed love her. We were beginning to be best friends, until that day.

                 She was to perform a ballad in front of the Dathu's audience. This was her chance to live up to her father. She was doing so well, until nerves got the best of her. The Dathu verbally abused her in front of everyone. She was so humiliated. I had to do something. I talked to the Dathu about hthis matter. I did not care if he was to be angry at me, he needed some sense slapped to him. Surprisingly, the Dathu was very receptive about it. 

                   After her performance, she just suddenly hated me. Hated everyone that wants to comfort her. She hated me the most, though. I did not know why. I explained to her that I talked to his father, but she just rebuked me. She's been like that ever since.

"It must be hard for her, to please someone against your will."

"I wanted to make her feel that I am and will always be there for her. That nothing changed. Sadly, I'm beginning to lose hope..."

"She must have felt that she is of no value to anyone. She must think that people like her because of her title and not because of her and that no matter what she does, she'll never make the one person she cares deeply about proud of her."

" ''Alalkhai'... ' 

                  The way he said those words, it's as if he has experienced the same thing. I wanted to ask him but, he must not want to talk about it. And, I dont want to annoy him. Could what he said about Xanaehla true?

"Very well, I will try to understand her and broaden my patience..."

                    I gave a smile. He's not that grumpy and stubborn once you get to know and used to him. "Alalkhai" suddenly looked at me dead in the eye. His eyes were intense, as if he saw someone, or something horrible. I geekily moved my head around to know if it was me. But, his face was fastened to that one direction.

"I-is something wrong?"

"Amigon..."

"What about him?"

"Death.... Destruction.... Unevitable...."

"Alalkhai? Alalkhai!"

                 He snapped out of his trance. He was gasping for air. He looked at me with a confused look in him.

"Yourhia, has Amigon done any suspicious activities lately?"

"Hey, that's not a nice thing to say, and you have no proof."

"I apologize but this is just a hunch, maybe Amigon has something to do with the genocide you tod me...."

" 'Alalkhai', I know Amigon is quite intimidating and mysterious, but it doesn't give you the right to----"

"During the first time we went here, we saw him talking to someone. They had many warriors with them. They must be talking about something very important to not allow anyone inside. And when he saw the both of us accidentally barge in there, he seemed very worried as if we may have heard something we should not have...."

             I could not believe what "Alalkhai was saying"! Those were some strong statements against a high - ranking official of a Commune. He could be in very serious trouble if he were to say some---

"C-come to think of it....."

"He was talking about soemthing called a Valkyrie....."