Audejas

"........with this closing remarks, I now proclaim all of you apprentices in the art of Spellweaving!"

Ample claps were heard in the entire auditoria. Today is where aspiring young Sapirs be given permission to study the art of Spellweaving, the study of combining, or weaving, spells into discovery of newer, stronger, and more useful ones. Only a select few are given this oppurtunity, and it's an honor indeed.

Among the rows of happy youths stands a girl wearing twisty, dark-brown hair. She is accompanied by a long haired, youth in the same age group.

"Can't believe we're now certified weavers, Alch!"

"Yeah, seems like yesterday I was crying over not passing one of the tests in Histora."

"I know what you mean, but it's all in the past. Can we get a bestie hug?"

Alchyone gave Ancisca a big hug. They deserved it after all their hard work. They knew it is just the beginning of their hardships, but it did not matter. The clapping continued on. Members from the High Treaty were there, happy to see numerous youngsters who has surpassed the trials of Spellweaving before them. Now with the aftermath of the Beret Genocide still fresh, it was nice to see that everyone is still jovial regardless of the loss.

"Please, enjoy the banquet prepared by our finest chefs!!!"

At the dinig area, students along with their proud parents were sitted together on roung tables. The place was bombarded with white cloths gracefully hanged on the ceilings. Synferian crystals were beautifully scattered along the cloths, creating an overwhelming, ethereal feel. The tables wre clad in white cloth too, and the centerpiece featured a marble statue likened to the sea-serpent, Orcarnique. The statue was then designed with transparent-blue marbles, colorful floras, and Sphynks feathers. 

With no wait, the foods were served. Plates swerved everywhere, each one designated for someone. Smoked SharpSting meat, hickory sauce, Emperor Crustacean, white wine, Chocolate Mousse Cake, mashed vegetables, and Farolean seafood soup, any Commoner would water their mouths just to be able to taste and savor this delightful feast!

On the table situated on the 20th floor, Alchyone and Ancisca were seated. Their parents are in a differnet table, each one talking about their flourishing, successful business. No other Sapir seated with Alchyone and Ancisca, since they were popular and their parents forbade as it was reserved.

"That's how Miluen asked me to ask you to go on a date with him!"

"What?! Cis, what did you say?"

"I like said, I'll keep it on consideration.

The two giggled.

"What is it with you and Miluen?"

"Duh, the guy just broke up with me!"

"Correction, YOU broke up with him."

"Because he cheated on me!"

"Well, HIS big loss."

"Totally!"

"Hey, how's that Hyralok research thing coming along?"

"Huh? Oh, that. Well...."

I told Ancisca everything I've learned so far about Hyralok. It turned out that it's actually a drug that depresses the mind. It's used in Infirmaries to sedate patients. It also says that overusage of Hyralok could have lethat side effects. The High Treaty was already doubtful of it's usage, but so far it hasn't been resolved yet.

As I told her all that, I kept on thinking why my parents have those dangerous drugs. It's not illegal persay but, who could be using it? Last night, I overheard my parents alking about being careful around me. That I'm starting to know things that shouldn't. Could they have been using it on me? If so, why? I wanted to confront the head-on about it, but I just can't. They must have a reason IF they're using it on me. But I still don't know. My mind's a blur......