Chapter 27

Rebecca sat at the kitchen table. Five baskets sat in front of her. It was Easter morning and she was waiting for the turtles to awaken. She could hear Mikey's feet on the steps. Rebecca waited patiently. She had made little baskets for the boys. She knew Mikey would love the candy inside.

Mikey stumbled down the stairs rubbing sleep out of his eye. His free eye fell upon the colorful baskets. "What's this?" Rebecca grinned. "It's for you guys. Are your brothers awake?" Mikey nodded his head. "Go get them."

Mikey moved quickly after he saw a candy package. He excitedly knocked on his brothers doors. Soon Rebecca could hear the family coming down the stairs.

"What's the occasion?" Donnie asked. "Easter silly." Rebecca said handing them the baskets. "I don't know what that is but I like it." Mikey said moving the contents of his basket for the candy.

"What's up with the bunnies?" Raph asked holding a chocolate bunny. "It's chocolate. You peel off the foil and eat it." She tore some of the wrapping. "You eat the bunny?!" Raph exclaimed confused and shocked. "It's not real." Rebecca tried to calm him.

"I'm surprised I've never heard of Easter..." Donnie said as he looked at the bunny. "Thank you Rebecca for these wonderful baskets." Leo said. His arm had been healing and he looked much better then before. "Yes thank you." Donnie and Raph said in unison. Mikey had stuffed his face with chocolate and looked at his brothers disgusted faces. "Yesh... Thnk... Yu...." He managed out.

Rebecca giggled. "I'm glad you like it." Splinter shuffled down the stairs. "Good morning Sensia." Rebecca said holding the basket. Splinter looked at bunnies and candy. "Easter?" He said with a smile. "You've heard of it?" Leo questioned. Splinter nodded his head.

"I never really celebrated it. But it is a nice new experience for all of us." Splinter replied. He took the basket. "I know you don't have much of a sweet tooth so I packed cheese and candles." Rebecca said shyly. Sensia looked at it and smiled. "I could get use to Easter." He chuckled.

"What's this? Are you making ninja smoke bombs?" Mikey asked moving over to the table. Eggs and paint sat next to them. "If you are your using the wrong ingredients." Donnie said. "No I'm not making smoke bombs... On Easter people paint eggs. It's kinda like a tradition." Rebecca explained. "But why would you paint eggs?" Raph looked at the supplies interested. "For fun." He looked at Rebecca. "But why?"

She giggled at their curiosity. She grabbed Donnie's hand and led him to the nearest egg. "Here." Rebecca handed him a paint brush and showed what he needed to do. She made an interesting mix making an almost tye dye egg. Mikey hurriedly went to the next egg station and began to splash bright colors on his.

Leo looked at Raph and shrugged he then walked over to a station. Raph sighed and followed. Mikey was mixing many colors together quickly. "Looks like a clown threw up on your egg." Raph commented looking at Mikey. "You really think so!?" Mikey looked at it happily not understanding the insult.

Donnie stuck to more solid colors and sometimes halved the egg. Raph carelessly painted dark colors on his. Rebecca sat down at her station and looked at all the turtles serious faces. They focused on their project. Rebecca looked at Leo. His hand moved steadily making swift and beautiful strokes. He wrote Japanese characters on one then started on a new one. He focused on the detail.

Rebecca saw Splinter smile and leave them be. She grabbed a free egg and paint brush and began to paint. "Look what I made!" Mikey exclaimed. He held up an egg. It was green and had an orange color. "You made yourself." Donnie grinned looking at it. "That's a good idea." Rebecca looked at the Michelangelo egg. "It's great Mikey. I love the little freckles."

Slowly the other turtles began to make themselves. Rebecca giggled at Raphs egg. It had a small crack exactly where it was on his plastron. Something flickered in her mind as she finished hers. The butterfly. She gently began to make the designs she had seen on it's detailed wings.