Chapter 14

"No you divide that after," Donnie grumbled.

Rebecca and Donnie sat in his lab going over homework. Don homeschooled her until she could return to the surface. He sadly learned that she sucked at math big time.

"One last time...." Rebecca swore he was going to scratch his eye balls out in frustration. "You divide before this," He pointed at the gibberish paper.

She looked at it blankly. "What the shell is this? It looks elvish to me," Rebecca joked and received an annoyed glare from Donnie. "Sorry," She mumbled.

"Its fine," He waved a hand. "How about we take a break?"

Rebecca gratefully pushed her chair away and began to spin in it. Donnie took a sip of coffee.

After a moment Rebecca spoke. "Hey Donnie.... what do you think of me?" He looked at her and smiled.

"Your like my little sister with a little bit of Mikey's personality..." He replied.

"What about Raph? I can never tell...." Donnie took a sharp intake of breathe at this question. He had of course been observing his brothers strange behavior and he knew exactly what was going on.

"But I can't tell her...." Donnie thought to himself. "Probably as a really good friend..." She gave a smile.

"Hey Donnie... when I was first introduced to the family Raph lied about what he had been doing. You two exchanged glances and I know that you knew it already.... Do you know why he hid it?" It was silent for a moment.

"Well it's kinda something that relaxes him." Donnie began. "Whenever he's in a bad mood or bored he'll head out and recover a bit of mutagen canisters. Of course that's not approved by Leo or Splinter... One night I found out... And I just couldn't take his happiness away so I gave him a mutagen tracker."

"Why are you guys collecting mutagen?" Rebecca asked confused. He sighed.

"Let me start from the beginning." So there they sat as the purple clad turtle told of all their adventure.

Rebecca sat intrigued and learned of everything. They had begun to bond. After he had finished she was still in shock.

"So this Shredder guy is pretty bad huh?" She finally said. He nodded his head.

"It's best if you don't get involved. He is terrible...."

They slowly turned back to their work. Rebecca couldn't help but think of the villain.

"I can't believe I worked for him..." Rebecca thought remembering her time as a Purple Dragon.

She soon waved goodbye to Donnie and headed out of his lab. She turned the corner and tripped over someone who was also turning. Rebecca saw the ground come closer but before she could make impact she felt herself being picked up. She slowly opened her eyes to see Leo's face.

It was filled with worry but quickly lightened up as he saw she was okay. Rebecca's heart thumped but it wasn't from the fall. She blushed deeply as she sat scooped up in his arms.

"Sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," Leo said with small smile. He slightly blushed.

"N-no it's my fault..." Rebecca said a little flustered. "What the heck Rebecca? What's wrong with you?" She screamed inside her head. Her mouth felt dry and she couldn't think straight.

"What are you guys doing?" A familiar voice said.

Leo's air of coolness had disappeared and replaced with embarrassment. Rebecca turned to see Raph looking at them. Rebecca hadn't realized that she and Leo had stood there gazing into one another's eyes. Leo hastily put her down and blushed.