Chapter 6

Rebecca and April visited a restaurant after school.

 "This is Mr. Murakami," April indicated a man with grayish hairs. He wore black circular glasses.

 "Hello! I'm Rebecca," She eyed him for a moment. "Are you blind?"

 April face palmed. "Its so strange how blunt she is," April thought.

 Murakami merely laughed and nodded his head. They soon were served.

 "So I have to ask," April said eating a noodle. "Where did you get that lovely hair clip?" She pointed at Rebecca's red barrette. She seemed to shrink down.

 "I got it from my mother," She slowly slipped it out and looked at it sadly. "Its the only thing I have of her besides memories."

 April was silent for a moment. "If you don't mind me asking but what happened to her?"

 "It was just a car accident... I lost both of them and this was the only thing I found," She held it out. "Any rumors you've heard of me having a foster parent well that's true."    

 They ate in silence. "I too lost my mother... and my dad... well that's complicated," April put a hand on Rebecca's shoulder. She looked up at her and smiled. Just then a clock caught her eye.

 "Oh crap!!!" She abruptly stood.

 "What's wrong?" April asked alarmed.

 "I'm late! I was suppose to meet... Red.... him..." Rebecca hastily slipped out some money to pay for her food. "I'm sorry April but I need to meet him again! Bye!" She ran out of the restaurant.

 April waved while Rebecca's legs moved like a bullet. Her breathe grew ragged as her legs got tired.  Soon she had made it to their meeting place. "I'm here..." She panted. No reply. She quickly climbed up the ladder and saw no one. Just then the clang of metal could be heard.

 She looked to see a green hand closing a man hole cover. She climbed down and opened the cover to the sewers. "This is probably a bad idea but whatever," Rebecca scrunched up her nose and jumped in. 

 She heard the footsteps in the water. With her great sense of hearing she followed it. Rebecca turned the corner and stopped. Rapheal was in sight. He turned another corner. She silently followed and peeked around the next corner.

 "I know your following me," His voice made her jump. She turned around to see him looking down at her.

 "Uh... Hey Red," She put her hand behind her head and slowly backed up.

 Just then she felt something behind her. Raphs face was surprised. Rebecca turned around.

 "Another one?" She said as another turtle looked down at her. He wore a blue bandana.

 "Who's this? Raph?" The blue clad turtle asked.

 "This is Rebecca..." Raph said and approached them.

 Leo crossed his arms. "So this is what you've been doing all the nights you've snuck out?" He asked. Rebecca awkwardly stood in the middle of them.

 "No! She just followed me!" Raph argued. Slowly Rebecca backed away.

 "Um well I gotta get going..." She gave a weak smile. 

 "You know we cant let her do that Raph," The blue turtle said.

 "Leo she's no threat!" Raph almost yelled.

 "Sorry, Rebecca was it?" The turtle named Leo grabbed her hand and slung her on his shell.

 "Hey let me down! Red a little help?!" She looked at Raph who turned his head away.

 "You even got a little nickname?" Leo said with a laugh. "Come on we need to ask Master Splinter what to do with her."

 "Sorry Rebecca," Raph said with a guilty glance and they began to walk down the sewers. She continued to thrash and kick around. 

 "Crap..." Rebecca mumbled.