Chapter 13

"Hmmm," Rebecca slowly lifted her head and looked up at Raph. Sleep was in her eyes and she had crazy bed head.

"Hey.." Raph tensed a little as she woke. He hadn't expected her to wake up so early in the morning. She didn't reply and instead grabbed his mask.

"Oh it's just you Red..... I thought you were Leo," Rebecca yawned.

Raph wasn't sure how to react to that comment. She turned her head and looked over at sleeping Leo and his brothers. Rebecca slowly got up and carefully stepped over Mikey.

She made her way over to the kitchen and began to bustle around. She pulled out a box of cereal and froze. Raph looked at her strange behavior. The box clattered to the ground and Rebecca backed up onto the counter.

"What are you doing?" He asked. She slowly rocked herself back in forth.

"No one ever said that New York had..." She almost whispered.

Suddenly a dark object jumped out of the cabinet. She squealed and fell off the counter. Raph looked closer and saw it was a spider.

He made his way over to her. She breathed heavily and looked at the bug in fear. She held onto Raphs arm when he approached.

"Kill It!" Rebecca buried her face in his muscles. Raph was surprised his brothers hadn't awoken.

"It's just a spider..." he smirked. "So your afraid of them, huh? That's hilarious." She looked at him deathly serious.

"Make fun of me later but please just kill it!" He nodded his head and put his fist up ready to smash it.

Just then something scuttled onto the counter. Raphs eyes went big. A cockroach had climbed up the counter and sat next to the spider. Raph let out a girlish scream and ran behind Rebecca.

"What are you doing?!" She screamed as he pushed her closer to the bugs. "Wait... your afraid of cockroaches?" Raph nodded his head and pushed her forward.

"Kill it please!" Raph begged.

"No way look the spider is still there! you kill it!" she began to push him back. They began to scream as they came closer to the creepy crawlies.

"Your the guy, you kill it!!!" Rebecca climbed up onto Raphs back.

"It's ladies first!" Raph replied and tried to pull her off.

Thud! The two frightened teens looked at the table to see Leo had smashed the two bugs with his hand. He looked at them with a "seriously?" look. They both gave out nervous laughter.

"Woah! Dudettes afraid of spiders!" Mikey's head popped up from the couch. Donnie was also awake.

"Uh thanks Leo..." Rebecca mumbled.

"So your also afraid of bugs?" Leo asked.

"Only spiders!" She clung tight to Raph. Raph smirked as she did and Leo did his best to conceal his scowl.

"That's one way to wake up," Donnie grumbled and stretched.

"Sorry..." Rebecca looked at Raph. "You sound like a girl when you scream." She said bluntly. His brothers laugh as he quickly took her off his shell. "Hey!" Rebecca giggled. Raph looked at her confused. "I'm ticklish there," She indicated her sides.

"That's good to know in case I needed some revenge..." Raph smirked. Rebecca gulped.

"Does calling your screams girly count?" She asked dreading the answer. He cracked his knuckles.

"Welcome to your second day in the sewers," He jumped onto her and began to tickle her sides.

Rebecca began to giggle and then broke out into unbearable laughter. she squirmed around.