Chapter 10

"Raph.... Leo....." Leo heard someone say. He looked around. He had traveled onto the roof to get away for a little peace and quiet. It sounded like Rebecca. "Maybe it's just my imagination...." Leo thought. He still looked over the roof ledges just in case. "It's funny how my imagination puts Raph before me...." He said with just a hint of anger in his face.

Someone screamed out in pain. Leos eyes shot to attention and started to follow where he heard it come from. He quickly found the source. Karai stood at a dead end. She held up Rebecca's head by tugging her hair causing much pain. She was surrounded by Purple Dragons and had blood dripping down her cheek. Rebecca was barely conscious.

"Now where are the turtles?" Karai said with an evil smile. She was in too much pain to reply.

"Right here Karai!" Leo shouted as he jumped down and did a spin kick knocking down the Purple Dragons. The evil girl received a kick to the gut. She drew back in pain. Leo knelt down by Rebecca.

"Leo..." She said weakly.

"Your hurt lets get you out of here," He went to pick her up.

"What this? Its just a scratch," Rebecca replied jokingly. Leo gave a small smile trying to lighten the mood.

Just then Karai had unsheathed her blade. With lightening speed Leo blocked a strike from her katana.

"Glad you could join us Leo," Karai said as their blades clashed. "Back off Karai. You've crossed a line and I'm ticked off!" Leo replied giving a few warning swings as they broke away.

"Me and Rebecca were just having a little fun..." Karai laughed. "How did she meet you guys anyway?" Leos face was serious and filled with anger.

She smirked and twirled around and hit his katana out of his hands. Before he could pull out his other Karai had already sent down her sword aiming it at Rebecca's head. Leo did a role and put his hand up catching the blade. blood trickled down his palm. Karai had a surprised expression.

While she was stunned he did a side kick sending her down. As she quickly recovered and stood Leo was gone along with Rebecca.

He slid down the sewer ladder and held her in his arms. Rebecca had lost consciousness but her eyes fluttered open a few times as she looked at Leos worried face.

"Thanks Leo..." She said and buried her face into his chest.

He ran into the lair and immediately received looks from his brothers. Her limp beaten body and Leo's bloody hand brought a lot of questions.

Before Donnie could speak Leo started. "She needs help!" He quickly took her from his hands.

"What happened?" Raph asked urgently.

"Karai and a couple of Purple Dragons got ahold of her," Leo replied darkly.

"Rebecca!" Mikey said worried.

She lay on a metal table in Donnie's lab. He began to treat her wounds.

"Mikey please leave I need to work in silence," Donnie said absent minded.

"Rebecca!?" April walked in to see her. Raph was right behind her.

"Guys please if she has any chance of recovering I need to work quickly and quietly," Donnie said and shooed them away with his hand.

"Not without knowing she'll be okay!" April approached. Don gave a look at Raph. Rapheal grabbed April by the waist and pulled her away.

"Come on," he said.

"No! Rebecca!!!" She screamed and thrashed. Mikey followed behind and shut the door.

Leo sat on the couch holding his cut hand. They placed April on the sofa. Soon she calmed down.

"What happened to your hand?" Raph asked as the blood dripped down his palm.

"What this? It's just a scratch," Leo replied in Rebecca's words. Raph grabbed his wrist forcefully and took a look at it.

"I'm no doctor but you should clean that or it could get infected. How did a blade get you Leo?" Raph said surprised as he examined the cut.

"Just Karai..." He said vaguely. Raph gave him a long stare.

"Alright I did as much as I could," Donnie exited his lab. "She'll be fine all she needs is a days rest." He noticed Leos hand. "You too?" He knelt down and looked at the wound.

"It's nothing really," Leo tried to pull away.

"You may be the leader but I'm the healer and right now I'm in charge," Donnie said with a smile he dragged him into the bathroom to clean it off.

"How could this happen?" Mikey said as he lay upside down on the couch.

April lifted her head. "Akira! That's what happened!" She stated confusing them.

"What?" Raph asked.

"She made a friend named Akira. She had moved from Japan to here and wouldn't let Rebecca out of her sight. Whenever she tried to introduce us she would always run off. I think she didn't want to be recognized by me. It was really Karai." April explained. Raphs eyes widened.

"Wow... That's twisted!" Mikey sat up.

"Well it is Karai were talking about," Raph said with hatred. April sat thinking. Her face was stricken with worry.

"What is it?" Raph urged her to continue.

"Rebecca and Karai hung out for three days.... But where? When she wakes up we have to ask her if she brought Akira to her house. It could be dangerous if she returned," Raphs face was hit with the reality.

For the rest of the day the lair was silent and had a worried feel to it. Even Mikey didn't smile. Splinter learned of the news and hurried to his room to meditate on the matter. It soon grew late and the turtles climbed into bed. April had to leave and begrudgingly climbed up the sewer ladder. Raph sat on the couch in the dark. Donnie exited his lab.

"Its late you should go to bed," Donatello whispered. Raph merely shook his head.

"She'll be okay. Trust me. You need your rest." Donnie approached his brother and gave him a pat on the back.

"I'm the reason why she's hurt right now," Raph said sadly. Donnie looked at him confused. "If I had just made her leave then she wouldn't be caught in this mess. Its kinda like April all over again." He gave his brother a look of understanding.

"You and I both know she wouldn't have left you alone. She is a stubborn free spirit besides I think she was looking for something... something more in life." He looked at him for a moment. "Don't stay up to late," He said and walked away from Raph.

Hours went by but Raph couldn't seem to relax. He slowly eased back and tried to loosen his muscles. Suddenly a door creaked open. His eyes had long since adjusted to the dark. A figure left Donnie's lab.

"Raph is that you?" A girl called out.

"Rebecca?" He stood up abruptly. She nodded her head. He walked over to her.

"How are you feeling?" He asked quickly. Rebecca gave him a strange look. He turned his head away like he didn't care. "I mean how do you feel? Doofus," He said a little less eager to know.

"Well if my entire body aching all over is okay then ya im fine," Rebecca said with a smile brushing aside his strange behavior. Raph noticed her eye was beginning to swell.

"Your gonna have a black eye you know that right?" He said disinterested.

"Well duh," She gave him a playful shove but immediately regretted it as she held her side. "I'm okay," She put a hand up to stop Raph from helping her. It was silent for a moment.

"Well goodnight," He said awkwardly and walked away. He then stopped in his tracks. "Hey I have to ask you an important question..." He turned to her. Rebecca looked at him for a moment.

"What?" She asked nervously.

"Did you bring Akira or Karai to your house at any point?" He said.

"Ya all the time. Why do you ask?" She said confused.

"Lets go wake the others," Raph stated and headed to his brothers room.