Chapter 8

"It's getting late I should get going," Rebecca stood up.

"Aaaw already?" Mikey whined and hugged her.

"Don't worry I'll be back tomorrow," She said hugging him back.

April hugged her and Casey gave her a fist bump. Donnie waved and Leo gave a nod. Raph didn't do anything. Rebecca smirked and hugged Raph. He was taken back.

"What? Does big bad Raph not do hugs?" She giggled. His brothers were containing their laughter.

He pulled away after a moment. "See you tomorrow," he turned his head away not making eye contact.

She smiled and waved. The others were making fun of Raph but Leo smiled at her and waved back.

She silently slipped out of the sewers. She climbed up to the roof and started jumping away. Little did Rebecca know she was being watched.

"Who's that?" A girl said aloud. She held binoculars and wore dark ninja outfit with a few bits of metal for armor. "A new friend of the turtles perhaps?" Ninjas flanked her.

One stepped forward and unsheathed it's katana. The girl put up a hand so he would stop.

"No... She could be of use to us..." She gave an evil smile.

The next day was much easier for Rebecca. The kids had not bothered to make fun after her display yesterday. Plus it was much easier to talk to April and Casey not having to worry about mentioning the turtles.

Rebecca slowly closed her locker.

"Hi," a girls voice said from behind her. She turned to see a girl with short black hair and it was blonde in the back.

"Hello," Rebecca replied.

"I'm Akira. I just transferred here from Japan." The girl said with a smile.

"I'm Rebecca it's nice to meet you Akira," She greeted.

"I was wondering where room B2 is?" Akira asked.

"Oh it's right down this hall.... Hey that's the class I'm going to next. We have the same home room," Rebecca replied.

"Oh that's great," she peeked at her list. "Oh look we have five classes together!"

"Cool! I guess this was meant to be Akira," Rebecca turned around. "Come on this way to home room."

"Thanks so much," When Rebecca's back was turned Akira gave a smirk. "Karai strikes again...." She thought to herself.

They went throughout the day talking and joking around.

"Oh hey theirs someone I would like you to meet," Rebecca turned her back to Akira and called out for April. April saw her and walked over.

"April I would like you to meet Akira," Rebecca twirled around to introduce them but when she turned no one was there. "Wait...."

"Who did you want me to meet?" April asked looking at the empty spot.

"I swear she was just here.... I made a friend named Akira... She must have run off to her class," Rebecca turned back to April. "Sorry...."

"Maybe your friend is just shy," April said with a laugh. "Well I gotta go."

Rebecca waved and began to wonder about Akira.

She didn't see her at lunch and only met up with her after school.

"Hey where were you?" She asked.

"Oh sorry I was worried I would be late.... Do you think we could hang out?" Akira asked.

"Um... Well you see....." Rebecca remembered her promise to the turtles. "I'm busy after school...."

"What do you do after school exactly?" Akira seemed to press for details. Her face was close to Rebecca's and she gave a weak smile.

She let out a nervous laugh. "So where do you want to go?" She asked in defeat.

"Do you think we could hang out at your place?" Akira went back to her timid self.

Rebecca nodded her head and began to lead her to her home.

"This is almost too perfect," Akira thought.