Chapter 26

"It's about the first week here. the turtles have stayed inside mostly but today Mikey ventured out. I guess their not use to seeing nature." Rebecca wrote in a small leather notebook. She sat outside on the porch watching Mikey look at the towering trees. He called out his brothers.

"Guys... Why doesn't New York have this?" He grinned looking at little bugs.

"Well Central Park has this stuff." Raph said looking over at Rebecca. Donnie made Leo stay inside.

"New York City isn't exactly the best place for nature." Don admired the scenery.

"It's a crime you guys haven't ever seen stuff like this." Rebecca stood. "Just don't go sticking your head in a beehive okay?" She went to the door.

"What's a beehive?" She could hear Mikey say.

"Remember what Leo fell in once?" Raph chuckled. She clicked the door shut.

Immediately Rebecca felt someone's presence. She looked to see Leo relaxed on a couch. He looked at her and smiled. His face was slightly pale and he clutched his arm obviously in pain.

"You feeling alright?" Rebecca knelt down by him.

"Just a little hot but I'm fine." Leo lied.

"Come on. I saw a bed in the upstairs room." She made him sit up.

"N-no I'm fine... I can stay on the couch." His face got paler. She gently put a finger to his mouth to quiet him.

"I'll take care of you Leo. Trust me." His face gained a little color back but it was more red then green.

Rebecca slung his arm around her and half walked and half carried him up the stairs and laid him in the bed. It creaked slightly. Leo looked at her gratefully.

"You should sleep. I'll bring up some water." She noticed his bandage was almost pure red from soaking up blood. "It's about time to change that. I'll be back."

 She ran down the stairs gathering her materials and ran back up. She sat on a small chair she dragged over.

"Here you might be getting a fever." Rebecca dipped a cloth into cool water and nestled it on Leonardo's forehead. he wouldn't take his eyes off of her as she gently removed the bandaging. Rebecca hadn't noticed his stare and continued to work. With another wet cloth she dabbed at his wound trying to clean it. Her hands moved softly along Leonardo's arm.

 The cloth was red after she had cleaned his wound. Rebecca squeezed out a tube of medicine and applied it to his arm so it wouldn't get infected. She wrapped a new set of gauze on the turtles arm. Nodding at her work she slid a cup on to the side table by the bed.

"Rest now Leo." He smiled at her and closed his eyes.

"I owe you."

 After a moment Rebecca leaned close to his face. Thinking he was asleep, planted a small kiss on his cheek. Taking her supplies she walked down the stairs. Rebecca looked out the window and saw the boys were still out exploring nature.

Something fluttered past the window. A butterfly flew by itself. It seemed to hover by the window almost looking at her. It then turned and flew away. Rebecca remembered something.

"Easter is coming..." She grinned. "I wonder if the boys have ever had an Easter egg hunt..." Rebecca began to plan something for them.

 "Leo should be getting better in time for Easter. Until then I hope Mikey doesn't realize its April Fools day." Rebecca wrote in her journal. Something smacked into her back. She looked to see Mikey running out of the room leaving her drenched. "Never mind." She sighed as she saw Raph enter and a bucket of pink paint covered him. 

Just a small chapter for ya guys. Next chapter will be...maybe on Easter... or not... it depends on if I want to type or you guys want more sooner.