Chapter 26

"Ate, does he really need to come?" She asked Kace upon knowing that Gerald will accompany her in checking the condo units they're building up with the Elizalde account.

"It's Mr. Elizalde's request. He said Gerald's gonna check on something, about the blueprint thing." She answered as she give the papers Sarah needed to sign.

"The units are almost done. What would he need to check?" 

"I don't know. Mr. Elizalde ordered you and Gerald to check the building unit at Makati. That's all I know." While she opens the door. Si Gerald ay inaanak ni Mr. Elizalde at ang inatasan nitong head engineer sa account na hinahawakan ni Sarah para sa kanilang bagong investment.

She immediately called Gerald that everything’s are well taken care of. Agad itong pumasok sa kanyang office para ipaalam kay Anne ang lahat.

"Ate are you sure that we should do this?" Nag-aalangang tanong nito.

"I know that doing this, have no assurance that it would bring back her memories or what so ever but I pity Gerald so much. And I know he wouldn't let Sarah get hurt."

"Pero pano natin mapapapayag si Sarah? She asked. "She even doesn’t like to remember anything about him."

"Everything is all set. Ang alam ni Sarah mag-iinspection sila ni Gerald ng units sa Makati." 

"Does Kuya Ryan know about this?" 

"Gerald personally speaks to him about this. He doesn't like the idea but he wanted to give him a shot."

"How about Migs?"

"He has an appointment scheduled tomorrow, so wala tayong problema sa kanya."

"What if Sarah called Mr. Elizalde."

"That's why we told him about the plan. Gerald informed his godfather about it and he agreed. He even offered their rest house.

"So dun sila magstay?"

"No. Gerald's family has a private resort at Sarangani. It's far from the city so he decided to stay there."

"Pano kung wala pa ring mangyari?"

"He asked for a month. One month and if wala pa ring nangyari, kusa na siyang lalayo kay Sarah."

"Is he serious about it? The whole compromise thingy?"

"I don’t know."

It was almost four, the late afternoon sun glinting off the window of the car. Hindi na nakipagtalo pa ang dalaga ng sabihin niyang hindi naman talaga sila mag-iinspection ng building sa Makati. Sinabi niyang nagpaalam siya sa mga kapatid nito at bigyan siya ng isang buwan para makasama ito. Huminigi siya ng paumanhin sa kanyang ginawa at nakiusap na bigyan man lang siya nito ng chance na kilalanin. Wala nang nagawa ang dalaga kundi sumunod na lang sa plano ni Gerald.

The time I woke up, I was at a room. I hear him coming so I pretended to be sleeping. I felt his hand caressing my face and then, he kissed me in my forehead. But before he leaves, I heard him say, “I love you."

That night, as soon as I heard him snoring in the next room, I got out of bed, pulled on my jeans, and quietly packed my clothes. I was waiting until the last possible minute to wake him up. On my way out of the room, I noticed the blinking red light of the camcorder recharging on the mantel and beside it, the five or six videotapes Gerald had made since this morning. I saw it in his car and on the plane going here. It occurred to me that there might something information about how closed I am to him, I was tempted to get and watch, but I didn't know which tape was which. The labels weren't annotated, just numbered. I decided I didn't care. In fact, the tapes alone were more than he deserved, the memories they held no more. The funny thing was, my first impulse had been to leave him at their rest house, on the grounds that he wasn't the kind of person I wanted to be around with, and also that I didn't deserve to know him. But I'd given in to a different kind of selfishness. I'd imagined the pain he would feel. After weeks of trying not to give a damn, I'd gotten it into my head that I had to give him a chance, to at least know him better.

It's Not about your Scars, It's All about your HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara