Chapter 21

"She needs me more than you do." Gerald answered. 

"Yah, but I'm your girlfriend." Kim was definitely mad. "You know what, I’ll just ask somebody to come with me." She said and hurriedly went outside.

Hinayaan na lang nito ang kasintahan at hindi na hinabol pa. He knows Kim wouldn't understand everything. Dali-dali itong nagbihis para dalawin si Sarah.

He ran to his friends after he visited Sarah. He badly needed some advice because he's kind of bothered on what he really felt for Kim.

"Oh bro, how's Sarah?" Ali asked.

"It's still the same." Malungkot nitong tugon.

"I know she will get through it. She is a fighter." Fred butted in. "So how are you?" Baling nito sa kaibigan.

"I'm fine." Maikling sagot nito.

"Eh si Kim, how is she?" Usisa ni Ali.

"That was actually the reason why I'm here." Sagot nito habang inaayos ang upo.

"Huh?"

"She was mad, well not totally mad, more on nagtatampo siguro kasi hindi ko siya nasamahan sa event niya ngayon because I'm with Sarah." He narrated.

"And?"

"Well, listen to this. Tonight she didn't call or text me. Totally not a big deal, right? But here's the point. While I was sitting at home, waiting for her reply, I was convinced that she was cheating on me and you know what my first reaction was?" 

"No." As they shake their heads.

"Relief. Can you believe that? I felt relieved because if she was cheating on me, as horrible as that would be, it would have made everything clear. I would have no choice but to leave her. I actually wanted to have no choice."

"Hindi kaya naguguluhan ka lang?" Ali asked. "I mean, this past few month’s wala kang ginawa kundi bantayan si Sarah, you even don't have time for Kim lately."

"At first I thought na baka ganun lang pero hindi eh. Before pa nangyari yung ganito kay Sarah, nagdadalawang isip na ako kay Kim."

"Pero bakit tinuloy mo pa rin. And you two look happy together like everything is okay and perfect." Dagdag nito.

"I thought if we looked and acted like the real thing, we'd become the real thing."

"But we saw how you'd fought for her. You keep on saying that you love her. Hindi pwedeng years of being in love with her and just like that, wala na?!" Sabat ni Fred.

"Remember, when you told me na may mga bagay na akala natin andun pa rin pero ang totoo wala na, parang ganun kami ni Kim. All this time akala ko I'm still in love with her pero hindi na pala. I was just in love with the idea of being in love."

"Gusto kong masigurado mo ang lahat, Bro. Kasi hindi pwedeng one minute you like her and a minute you don't." Fred said.

"What change?" Ali asked.

"I really don't know. Yeah, on the surface we have so much in common, and Kim has all the qualities I've always said I wanted. You know, she's smart and pretty. But really, I'm not sure that I even like her that much. Maybe we weren't meant for each other." 

“How about Sarah? Kailan mo nalaman na mahal mo siya?” His friend asked. He was taken aback, for sure.

“You know what, I really don’t know, not until the accident happened.” He answered. His friends look at him in confusion. “When she confessed how she felt about me, I was like, are you serious? And then after minutes of processing what she was just said, I followed her right away. That time, I just wanted to explain everything to her, that I think she deserves to hear me out. I didn't see the accident, but I heard it. Then I realized something isn't right. When I saw her lying on the road, at still, I just want to take her place at that moment; I’d wished it is me that was on her situation. Before everything had happened, I wasn’t sure how I felt about her, but then I knew, I love her.”

He went home that night thinking everything about what he really felt for Kim. He knew he likes her, but as the days passes by, being with Sarah seems very different. He was happy being with a girl who just lay on a hospital bed 24/7, not even talking to him. Seeing her everyday and just being with her makes everything okay, even though her condition wasn't okay, because she's still in comma but Sarah makes him smile, she makes him happy. And he never felt that with Kim. He was thinking about his situation when his phone rang.

"Is everything okay?" He asked instantly. He felt nervous because it's the middle of the night and Anne was calling him. Ang nasa isip nito'y baka may nangyaring hindi maganda kay Sarah.

"Ge, gising na si Sarah." Masayang balita ni Anne.

"Okay, papunta na ako jan." He felt relieved and happy that Sarah is finally awake. He gets his keys and ran into the basement.

As I enter to her room, I saw ate Kace standing at the right side of the hospital bed while Kuya Ryan is at the left side holding her hands. Anne just stands there with Ate Kace, smiling and crying at the same time while Nanay Luring is peeling off an orange fruit for her. I am happy, crying with happiness and relief, and gazing at the girl lying on hospital bed as if the world started and ended right there. I was making my way to her when she caught me looking at her intently. She looks me in the eyes and all I can hear is the sound of my footsteps. I will hold her hands, I thought, the way I was holding it every day when she was still in comma.

"Sino siya?" Sarah asked.

AN : Oh my?! Anong nangyari kay Sarah? Ito na ang simula ng pagbabago sa love story ng dalawa. Tutok lang. I wanna hear your opinions and suggestions. Don’t forget to vote. Kindly follow @akosijenipeo on twitter. Thanku 