Chapter 13

Take a breath, I pull myself together... Just another stair until I reach the door... You'll never know the way it tears me up inside to see you... I wish that I could tell you something to take it all away... When I hear you voice it's drowning in whispers... It's just skin and bones, it's nothing left to take... And no matter what I do I can't make you feel better... If I only I could find the answer to help me understand... Sometimes I wish I could save you... And there's so many things that I want you to know... I won't give up till it's over... If it takes you forever I want you to know... That if you fall, stumble down I'll pick you up off the ground... If you lose faith in you I'll give you strength to pull through... Tell me you won't give up 'cause I'll be waiting... If you fall you know I'll be there for you... If only I could find the answer to take it all away... Sometimes I wish I could save you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Habang nasa daan ay tinawagan nito si Fred para tanungin kung kasama ba siya ni Gerald na nagcar racing. Nagulat ito ng sabihin ni Fred na hindi pa niya malalamang may ganun palang insedente kung hindi pa siya tinawagan nito. Kwenento nitong niyaya ni Kim si Gerald kasama ang ibang co-models niyang magcar racing. Lalo namang nagalit si Sarah sa nalaman.

"What is this?!" Bulalas nito pagkababa ng kanyang sasakyan. 

"Sa," Pigil nito sa dalaga.

"Anong pumasok na masamang espiritu sayo at ginawa mo 'to." She was definitely mad on what Gerald did. "Hindi mo iniisip na pwedeng may mangyaring masama sayo?" Pagpapatuloy nito.

"Okay look, I'm so sorry for putting you in this situation and bringing you down here." He stated as he caressed his forehead.

"What the heck is going on with you? I have to argue with Anne para lang mapuntahan ka dito." Wika nito sa binatang nakatayo sa harap niya.

"I know okay and I'm sorry that I cause you trouble. I know your upset and.." Di nito naituloy ang sasabihin dahil sumingit ang dalaga.

"I'm beyond upset Gerald. I am mystified. Kim makes you do reckless things that the rest of us, have to protect you from." Nanggagaliiting ani nito sa binata na halatang hindi nagustuhan ang sinabi ni Sarah.

"It wasn't her fault okay." Medyo napalakas nitong sagot. “It was mine." Pagtatanggol nito kay Kim.

"Pagkatapos ng lahat ng 'to, ipinagtatanggol mo pa rin siya?" Na halos hindi makapaniwala sa tinuran ng binata. "Okay, sige, sabihin na nating wala siyang kasalanan dito but Ge, you put yourself at risk. Fred, me, you keep us worrying about you. Sabi ni Anne, I'm always putting myself for you at mukhang tama nga siya.” Sagot niya rito. “If you want to figure out if you can get your old life back, for doing things like this for her, that's fine but it doesn't have to risk the life you had right now." She was obviously hurt upon knowing that Gerald doesn't even care if Kim was just messing with him. "You know what, you have to figure out what you want." Hamon nito sa binata. "Because if you don't protect yourself, maybe I have to rethink the risk I'm putting myself in." Hindi na nito hinintay pang makasagot ang binata at dali-daling sumakay sa kanyang kotse pauwi.

Sarah wanted Gerald to be happy, and she certainly didn't want him to suffer again, but if he really was prepared to do it, she wasn't prepared to stop him. She had become exactly the person she never wanted to be; dependent, reliant, and needy.

"Why so sad?" Her Ate asked while they were waiting for their order. Niyaya siya ni Kace magmall dahil nagpapatulong itong bumili ng gift para sa boyfriend nito.

"Ge and I had a fight last night." She said as she keeps on tossing her utensils.

"What happened?" She asked.