Chapter 11

Hindi pa rin tapos sa pag-aayos ng kanyang gamit si Shin kaya nagpaalam muna si Sarah na maglalakad-lakad lang. Sa hindi kalayuan ay natanaw nito si Gerald. Nilapitan niya ito at nakipagkwentuhan.

He kept talking and talking about Kim. And I pretend to be listening. I kept walking, wishing away the pain behind my eyes. 

"Ge don't you think, you're trying too hard to get her back?" She asked out of nowhere.

"Ha?!" 

"You've been doing a lot of stuff for her kahit yung mga bagay na hindi mo alam kung tama ba o hindi." Nakita niya itong tumingin sa kanya. "I just don't think its right." She explained.

You think I'm making a mistake." He said.

I held my breath and tried to focus on the sand at my feet. This was the first time he'd asked me point blank at what I thought. "I don't know." I said. "I just know I don't want you to do things like that." 

He does not say anything. Instead, he knelt to pick up what looked to be a small quartz arrowhead, my question too ridiculous to answer. He finished examining the stone and passed it to me with a shrug. It might have been a chipped spear point, or it might have just been a piece of quartz, neither of us could tell, but I put it in my pocket.