Chapter 19

So lately, I’ve been wonderin... Who will be there to take my place... When I’m gone, you’ll need love... To light the shadows on your face... If a great wave should fall... It would fall upon us all... And between the sand and stone... Could you make it on your own... Runaway with my heart... Runaway with my hope... Runaway with my love... I know now, just quite how... My life and love might still go on... In your heart and your mind... I’ll stay with you for all of time... If I could turn back time... I’ll go wherever you will go... If I could make you mine... I’ll go wherever you will go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as I turned off from the way to follow Sarah, I knew something wasn't right. I saw her lying on the road, motionless; an inch away from a car, blood is everywhere. I hurriedly get out of my car and went to her. As the bystander call for help, I held Sarah's hand like I should have done, like she would have wanted me to, though of course she'd never asked. I was crying so hard and so loud. It was bad enough that she was at this, in pain because of me and to think she'd suffer from this accident makes everything worst. My tears were making a spotty mess on her shirt. I was trying to wake her up when the medics arrived, and then they asked me to call her family. 

At the hospital, in between sobs, I tried to make Ate Kace understand this was my entire fault, but she kept insisting I wasn't to blame, that regardless of what I'd said or done, things had turned out more or less the way it has to be.

"Is she okay?" Gerald asked after Kuya Rye talked to Sarah's doctors. Pagkatapos nito nalaman ang nangyari ay agad itong nagpabooked ng flight pauwi ng Pilipinas. Kasalukuyan itong nakabase sa Singapore dahil siya ang namamahala ng expansion ng Kompanya nila doon. He badly needed to see Sarah.

"Okay? No, she's not. She was hit by a stupid car." He answered with an evident of anger to his voice.

"I'm sorry. I tried to follow her as fast as I could." 

"It wasn't your fault." Anne said to Gerald.

"So, whose fault it is huh?! Sino?" Ryan asked furiously.

"Kuya." Pilit nitong pinapakalma ang kapatid.

"She would have been somewhere else today, and not on a stupid hospital bed if it wasn't you." Sisi ni Ryan kay Gerald. Ryan grabbed his shirt like he wanted to punch him. Gerald on the other hand just stands in front of him, saying nothing, silently crying.

"Kuya." Umiiyak namang saad ni Anne. Pilit nitong inaalis ang kamay ni Ryan kay Gerald habang si Kace naman ay pinapakalma ang kapatid.

"Diba tama naman ako. All her life she was busy doing the right thing, busy pleasing everyone. Yah, I might thank you for convincing her to come back after she got away. I should, right."

"Kuya tama na." Hindi na rin nito mapigil ang umiyak.

"When she came back, bumalik din yung dating Sarah 21 years ago, yung Sarah na kilala namin. Pero you know what made me happy, alam mo ba?!" Sigaw nito sa binata. Gerald just shakes his head. "For the first time in my life, I saw how happy she was. She is happy with you. Akala ko nga, ito na yun, na tapos na yung malungkot na chapter ng buhay niya, pero nagkamali pala ako. We tried to talked to her many times para sabihing tama na, na tumigil na siya sa pagpapakatanga niya sayo."

"But I didn't know that she love me."

"Hindi mo alam? Never mong naramdamang mahal ka niya? Oh, common. Halos araw-araw kayong magkasama pare, mula umaga hanggang gabi siya lang yung kasama mo, kahit nga ano pang ginagawa niyan o kahit sino pa yung kasama niya, isang tawag mo lang, anjan na siya sa tabi mo. Tapos sasabihin mong ni hindi mo naramdaman, na wala kang alam." Napangisi ang binata. "Tumatawag yan sakin kahit madaling araw para mangamusta lang, pero alam ko ang bigat ng nararamdaman niya. Kahit di ko yan nakakasama, alam ko na palihim yang umiiyak dahil sayo. You know how hard it is for me to see her in that way?! At ang masakit, wala akong magawa para pagaanin man lang ang loob niya. Tapos heto ngayon, ganito pa ang nangyari. Awang-awang na ako sa kapatid ko Gerald. She'd suffer enough." He stated in between sobs.

"Kuya, stop it. Stop it." Sigaw ni Kace sa kapatid. "Ge go home, just go home." Ani nito sa binatang panay ang tulo ng luha. Inalalayan naman nitong umupo ang nakakatandang kapatid habang si Anne naman ay sinamahan palabas si Gerald.

"I'm so sorry. Hindi ko alam na ganun yung mangyayari. Alam ko kasalanan ko pero.." Paghingi nito ng paumanhin.

"Ge, we know. Huwag mong sisihin ang sarili mo. Di mo maaalis na magalit si Kuya Ryan kasi siya yung baby ng family eh. Sarah wouldn't like to see you this way." She console and he just nods.

We saw her physician step out from the operating room after hours of waiting. He approached Ryan and Kace right away. I really wanted to go and asked about Sarah's condition but Kuya Rye was there and I can sense that he doesn't like me to be around. I saw Ate Kace half smiled, which I think is a sign of relief.

"How's Sarah Ate?" Anne asked worriedly when Kace approached us at the corner.

"Well, her vitals are stable which I think is good right?! But she still isn't out of danger." She added.

"Why?! Her vitals are stable. Bakit hindi pa siya okay?" Nanghina ito sa nalaman tungkol sa dalaga.

"Gerald huminahon ka." Saad ni Anne sa binatang napaupo sa bench.

"They saw a blood clot on her right frontal lobe. They've drained it but they still have to monitor her condition from time to time. She's in critical stage." Paliwanag nito sa dalawa habang pinipigilang maiyak sa harap ng mga ito.

"Can we see her now?" Anne asked.

"We can but it would be best kung magpahinga na muna kayo especially you Gerald."

"No its okay ate I'm good." Gerald said.

"I want you to stay and be with her but I don't wanna lie." She started. "Kuya Rye doesn't want you in here. Masama pa rin yung loob niya sa nangyari. I'm so sorry kanina pero sana maintindihan mo." Kace told as she squeezes his hands.

"I'll go talk to him Ate. I can't live Sarah alone." He hissed. "I can't just go home and act like there's nothing happened. Please don't do this to me." Pangungusap nito.

"Ge, this is not the right time to argue with Kuya." Anne butted in.

"But I can't stay away from her. She's my friend." He argued.

"Please Ge, you have to understand Kuya." Pakiusap nito sa binata na tumango naman sa kanyang sinabi. "I'll try to talk to him about this okay." Dagdag pa nito.

AN : So sorry guys for the super long hiatus. Been busy with my personal life. But I promise to finish all my stories. Sana maintindihan niyo.  Pala I have new twitter account, I know papalit-palit pero di ko alam di ko na maopen yung dati ee. Here it is @akosijenipeo. Jan niyo na lang ako kulitin kung like niyo na ng update kasi everyday ko siya inoopen kaso di lang ako nagtwetweet. Thank you for reading this.