Chapter-12

After that totally dumb incident in the lab, I kept running into him everywhere. Everyday, I made a point of stopping by the library and he will be there too. He will come up to the table I am sitting, leave a book and give me a new topic to study everytime.

In the beginning, I didn't bother to read thinking he was not serious about it but then he invariably end up questioning me the next time I met him. It was like those surprise pop quizzes that you like avoiding back in school. But I started preparing the topics he gave me because I wanted to answer those rapid fire questions that he kept throwing at me whenever he got the chance.

He was also developing a taste for coffee. Someday it will be an espresso or a mocha. Other days, a cappuccino or a latte. If I happened to forget then he will remind me about our daily cup of coffee. I was glad that he was beginning to appreciate the fine richness of coffee. Looks like he was turning into a coffee lover just like me.

"Where have I seen him?"

I thought watching a guy at a distance talking to the lady at the help desk in the hospital lobby. I had spotted him among the crowd of people because I felt that I had seen him somewhere before.

Just like any other day both of us were heading towards the left wing of the hospital after picking up our cups of cappuccino from the cafeteria. Its that guy! I told myself suddenly remembering his face. Last time after the phonecall from mom, I had opened an unsuspecting email from her only to find a scanned picture of him which she had decided to send me.

What is he doing here? I thought slowing down my pace. I shouldn't be jumping into any conclusions. Maybe he is just visiting his aquaintainces. Isn't he practicing as a physician in Highland Park? He was talking to Dr Reed, our chief neurosurgery resident. Both of them seems to know each other.Hopefully I wouldn't run into him. It will be really akward.

Dr Daniel who noticed that I was lagging behind him had stop walking and was looking at me wondering what had happened to me. Just then, Dr Reed looked into our direction and seeing that we were heading towards them was pointing me out to him. Crap, I knew it. He had come looking for me. I mentally slapped my head as I ran ahead.

"Dr Daniel,can you please go ahead without me? There is a person whom I rather not meet right now."

I told him glancing at the guy who had started walking towards us.

"Huh...Who? Where?"

He asked also looking in the same direction. I quickly stood behind his tall frame hoping that the guy had not seen me yet. I don't even remember his name.

"You mean that guy? Must be the blind date."

What? I thought surprised hearing him. Hold on a second. How does he know about it? I didn't even have the time to think because the guy had definitely noticed me and was approaching nearer.

"Dr Daniel...Please, I really need to go now! I will join you later."

I said exparasted looking at him.

"Hey wait, what am I going to tell him if he ask me about you?!"

"Tell him something.....Just tell him I migrated to Alaska!"

I told him while walking away leaving him chuckling to himself.

As I hurriedly tried disappearing among the crowd of people in the lobby, I wondered how Dr Daniel had come to know about the blind date. Did he overhear my phone call conversation with mom? But I was talking in my own language. Maybe I had uttered the word blind date in English. Still, how did he figured it out?

Of all the people, he had to be the one to find out. This is so embarassing, I thought ruffling my hairs in frustation. But first, I have to call up my mother. Didn't she mentioned about meeting up in the weekend or something like that? Why is he even here in the first place? I thought punching a number from the speed dial list on my phone. My mom had a lot of explanations to do.

**************************************************************************

A/N Thank you for reading. Till my next upload which hopefully will be in the next few days, take care & love you :))