Chapter-28

Min Ho

"Are you still angry with me?I was just joking."

I said watching Tae who looked a bit preoccupied. He had dragged the chair and was sitting beside the bed peeling the oranges.

"No, of course not. I can never be angry with you, Hyung."

"Its just that I was thinking of something."

He added after a pause.

"Like what?"

I asked him with a smile.

"She still hasn't come."

Tae was mumbling to himself.

"Who?"

I asked him again thinking whom he was talking about.

"That lady doctor. I think she is a surgery resident like Dr.Foster. She was with him that night to recieve you when we landed here on air ambulance. She was also part of the surgery team if I am not wrong. I was wondering why she hasn't come to visit you like others."

He was still pondering about it.

"Really?There is someone else also."

I was curious by now.

"I think her name was Ava."

He finally replied catching my attention immediately.

"What?!"

I exclaimed taken totally aback by surprise.

"The name,Tae?"

I urged him again because he had uttered a name that I thought I will never hear again.

"Dr.Ava Nomray. Yeah...thats the name for sure."

He replied confirming it was indeed her. Does that mean that it was not a dream when I thought I saw her while slipping in and out of consciousness that night? She is here? In Chicago? I never thought I will see her again. And wait....She is a doctor? Then why hasn't she come to meet me till now? Why? By then, there were million questions in my mind.

"I will never forget her. I was standing with Dr.Foster outside the OR. We were talking and he was giving me the good news about your surgery being successful. Then suddenly, I saw her fainting in front of us. And I remember thinking it was kind of strange."

He was shaking his head in disbelief.

"More oranges?"

Tae asked me again.

*

°°°°°°°°°°

Ava

Today, there was no escape. For the whole week after the surgery, except for the night when I went to his room to steal a quick glance I had been coming up with all sorts of excuses. Owen thought I was behaving weirdly but somehow I managed to get away it. I voluntered to run errands, do paperwork, extra hours at ER, anything which will keep me away from visiting his room or run into him.

Today was the tenth post-operative day after the surgery and the day for stitch removal. As luck would have it,Owen was posted in the ER and there were no other residents who were free. I think Dr.Anderson had also started noticing that I had been missing the clinical rounds and had given specific instructions that I would be responsible for the stitch removal.

How will I face him? What will I say to him if he ask me why I am here? But most importantly, will he recognise me? Will he still remember the girl whom he once met accidently? I mean I am just another girl....Nothing special about me that will make him remember. This is crazy. Why are you even thinking like this?

"Dr.Ava, we are here."

Sarah's voice suddenly brought me out of my bewildered state of mind. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realised that we had reached his room and were standing outside it. I had brought Sarah, a lively and bubbly girl who works as a nurse in the private ward wing along with me.

Calm and easy, Ava. Whatever happens,just act normal. I told myself preparing before we entered the room. In and out. It will be over before you know it. I didn't had time to think twice because Sarah had already knocked on the door.It opened promptly and we were greeted by a cheerful voice.

"Hi, Sarah."

A young friendly looking guy wearing round black rimmed glasses was standing at the door.This must be Tae. I thought remembering his name because Owen had mentioned it to me once. He was with him that night though I had never talked to him personally.

"You finally came."

He said giving me a friendly smile.

"Huh..."

I replied wondering what he meant by that.

"We are here for removing the stitches."

Sarah told him with a big smile in return.

"Sure, come in. We were waiting for you."

He said ushering both of us inside the room.

He was sitting propped up on the bed. By now, he must have noticed us entering the room. I was avoiding looking at him directly at any cost. He didn't say anything to us. No single word from him as we stood there.

********************************************************************

A/N

P.s Kindly note there are two point of views in this chapter.

To be continued in the next chapter which will be uploaded later today.Thank you.