Chapter - 54

Pace My Heart

Chapter-54

Ava

"Are you sure you'll be all right?"

Mandy asked again worried. After coming to the resident's room, the first thing I did was place a call to her. I wanted to assure her or else she'll rush here to check on me. Finally, she agreed not to come over to the hospital after I promised to reach out to her for anything anytime.

I don't know how many times I must have paced back & forth in the room awaiting his call. Despite knowing that it wasn't possible for him to reply until his flight landed in Singapore, it wasn't stopping me from hoping to hear from him sooner. Maybe only then, this restlessness will go away. The incident outside with the reporter had left me uneasy, my mind finding it difficult to settle.

A work diversion was what I needed to keep my mind occupied. Deciding it was the only way, I quickly called up Owen to let him know that I wasn't taking the rest of the night off and can replace any coming up shift or fill in an empty one.

*

Before leaving the resident's room, I typed a short text message.

[Please call me up when you can]

It was best to speak to him rather than writing everything over text. He will be real busy with the concert but hopefully he reads it. I sighed to myself as I left the room and headed to the ER.

Min Ho

"Here we go...Hana...dul...set."

I said aloud hoping I was audible enough over the thousands cheers behind me having given back the microphone before, so I could take a selfie with my fans on my phone. Today's concert in Singapore had just ended which was the first in the series of the concerts of my Asia tour. It was an exhilarating feeling right after you finish performing for a live audience as you get the feedback right away at that very moment. All the pre performance jitters have long faded because they seem to love the new single I had performed for the first time in the final segment on today's concert. It was titled 'Are you listening', a song I had co-wrote. I smiled to myself thinking about her for whom I penned. This tour I decided to do something special by introducing the new songs from my unreleased album, performing one at each concert venue, the next one planned for the coming up event in Manila.

One of my staff came running up to take back my phone. I signaled to the MC if I can have his mike. I wanted to call out more people with whom I wanted to take few more pictures before things winded up. The band I performed with, then another with the whole event team for today's concert including the backstage staffs. I was grateful to all responsible for making the first concert of my tour complete successfully.

As few lined up while the rest sat down kneeling besides me and with the cheering audience as the background, we took the photo as someone yelled, 'Say kimchi', making us all laugh heartily.

*

The press conference was nearly over. Right after the concert, in the same venue I had been ushered in to the conference room of the convention centre to address the local media. For the past half an hour, I had been answering queries about my tour. Apart from that, I was going to take few supplementary questions regarding the movie I had just completed filming.