Chapter-33

I made a quick stop over at the neurosurgery ward before my morning shift in the ER. I had come searching for a person whom I found at the nurse station busy with a pile of casesheets.

"Morning, Amit."

I greeted him with a big smile.

"Hey, morning. Don't tell me you came searching for Dr.Daniel early in the morning."

He told me with a grin.

"No, I actually came looking for you."

"Me?"

He asked me looking surprised.

"Yeah. I know you are busy but can I have few words with you?"

I was giving him my best smile.

"Sure."

He replied keeping away the files.

"Amit, this is totally random. But have you watched DDLJ?"

I asked him with eagerness in my voice.

"You mean the movie? Yeah, I have seen it. But why are you asking?"

He was asking me back in return.

"Just asking. By the way you remember the guy's name in the movie?"

"Hmm....I think it was Raj."

He replied pondering over it. He had suddenly raised the hope in me.

"And the girl?"

By now, I was excited but I was trying hard not to show it.

"Simran...."

He replied after a pause.

"Yes!"

I exclaimed, my voice a pitch higher. He was looking at me if I was seriously crazy.

"Sorry."

I said trying to contain my excitement.

"Amit, there is a friend admitted in Mc Gill whom I wanted to visit who needs a bit of cheering up. If you don't mind, can you please come along with me in the evening?"

I asked him hoping he will agree.

"I don't know, Ava. I mean I am bad in cheering up people. Plus Dr. Daniel had asked me to run errands for him..."

"Hey, don't worry about Daniel. I will talk to him and you are just the right person who can cheer my friend up."

I told him with a mischievous smile.

*

"Who are we visiting?"

Amit was asking me as we made our way to the room where Simran was staying.

"A friend of mine. You will know when we meet her."

I replied with a smile as I knocked on the door.

"Hello,girl."

I greeted her as we entered the room together.

"Hey."

She replied looking surprised on seeing me walked inside her room with Amit. Although her arm was still in a cast, she was looking so much better today. She had let her hair down and was looking fresh. Simran can be described as a classic Indian beauty, her big beautiful eyes were standing out because she had lined them with black kohl pencil hiding her bruises. More than that, she was wearing a radiant smile.

"You were really serious."

She said looking at me remembering what I had told her the other day of finding someone for her.