Chapter-31

Min Ho

"Min Ho. I really can't believe we are meeting again."

Mandy was speaking to me with excitement in her voice as she came near to my bed.

"Mandy."

I replied happy to see her again.

"You remembered me? That's so sweet of you."

She exclaimed.

"Of course. How can I forget you? Aren't we friends?"

I said with a smile.

"Always the charming Min Ho."

She teased me lightly with a big smile in return.

"Its so good to see you again."

She added looking delighted to meet me.

By then, I was sitting on the bed leaning on the propped up pillows on the back. All of them were standing beside the bed including the guy who was giving me a smile.

He spoke to me first,

"I am sorry for coming unannounced. I met Mandy on the way and since she was heading at the same place we came together. Let me introduce myself first. I am Daniel. Daniel Won."

He said while coming up and shaking my hand. A firm hand grip, I noticed as he shook my hand. And a strong personality I noted on the first impression.

"Nice to meet you. I am Min Ho."

I replied with a smile. Hangukgye(*Korean)? I thought. No....Hangukgye Migukin(*A Korean American). I could easily make it out from the flawless American accent.

"Daniel is a neurosurgeon in Mc Gill."

Mandy said introducing him to me.

"Mandy told me on the way that you were already acquainted with her and Jack. Its definitely a small world."

He said again.

"Yeah, we are."

I replied with a smile looking at Mandy.

"So how are you feeling? Hope you are not having any complaints about Mc Gill."

He was asking me with a grin.

"Ah...No, of course not. No complaints. I am actually feeling quite good now after meeting everyone."

I said, this time looking at Ava who had been surprisingly quiet during the whole time we were talking. She seemed a bit uncomfortable.

"I am glad to hear you say that. Because its important to me that you are doing well."

He replied looking at Ava now.

"I actually came searching for Dr.Ava. Another reason for visiting you because I came to know that she was attending to your stitches."

He said again and I was wondering what he meant by that.

"Ava, it seems you are already finished here. If you have some time, we can catch up on our coffee break. Will you be free now?"

I heard him asked her. She was simply nodding her head in return giving him a weak smile.

"I guess we have to take your leave now. It was a real pleasure meeting you. Hope the rest of your stay at Mc Gill is pleasant and I wish you a speedy recovery."

He spoke to me as he shook my hand again before leaving the room with her. All the while, she was avoiding my gaze and left the room without speaking to me, leaving me more confused than before.

"How have you been Min Ho?"

Mandy asked me interrupting my thoughts.

"I am good, Mandy. Thank you. How's Jack doing?"

I replied giving her a smile.

"He's doing just fine. Infact he is planning to visit you this evening."

"Really? It will be good to meet him up again."

"I am sorry for not visiting you earlier."

She said giving me a guilty look. I had a slight inclination of what the reason could be.

"Its perfectly fine. I am sure you had no idea of me being here."

"Well...Yeah,sort of. Something like that."

She replied confirming my suspicions. She didn't even tell Mandy that I was here. She was definitely hiding from me.

"Mandy, is there something that I don't know about?"

I asked without looking at her. Only Mandy can answer all those questions that were filled in my mind especially after seeing her walked away with him.

"Yes. Its been a while since we last met and there are things that you don't know."

She replied catching my attention. She seemed to have sensed what exactly I wanted to know from her.

She sighed and spoke to me,

"Daniel. Daniel's the guy. Ava is dating him now."

Her reply sort of hit me hard. Although deep down I knew the answer already. What were you expecting, Min Ho? I asked myself. She doesn't even know what you felt for her. Suddenly, there was a strange discomfort. Not at the wound that she had just dressed. But... Somewhere else.

***********************************************************************************

A/N

*Till my next upload which hopefully will be in the next few days. Take care & Love you.

P.s Thank you for still following this story.