Episode Sixteen (Clip Three)

----('Deja Vu' starts playing)----

The two racers battled it out. They parallel drifted pass a crowd of racers who went wild. Louis did a four wheel drift only centimetres from touching the guardrail. Both cars exited out of the curve at the same time.

Then suddenly, Akihiro gave way for Louis to pass him. The hoodie was confused.

"He gave me back the lead. Why?"

Akihiro's plan worked. "He took the bait, perfect. I'll continue to put pressure on him till the final hairpin turns, that's when I'll make my move and settle this match!"

Finally, the two were almost reaching the bottom of the hill. But the highlands had lots of narrow roads before the foot of the mountain. Louis was about to enter a left bend hairpin. A staff member stationed there began waving a glowing baton into the direction of the turn.

"Huh?" Louis noticed the staff. "What's this?"

Louis drifted into the left L-bend corner and exited perfectly.
_________________________________________
(Back at the summit....)

"Car accidents?!" Joel exclaimed.

"Yes, it happened once before." Airi claimed. "The crash happened near the bottom of the hill. It was the driver that got confused whether the corner was a left bend or right. So he turned into the opposite direction of the curve and crashed."

"And safety of the racers is our top priority here, so we positioned staff members in the hairpin turns to wave glowing batons to notify the racers of a left or right bend turn." Airi explained. "The staff member waving one glowing baton signals there is a left bend corner closing in while the one waving two batons signals a right bend corner."

"Oh, so that's how it is." JL acknowledged as he looked down the mountain. "They must have already entered those tight hairpins."
_________________________________________

Louis was having trouble shaking Akihiro from behind. It was like he was trying to escape a great blue viper behind him.

Another corner was closing in. The staff waved a two glowing batons this time. Louis saw that it was a right bend hairpin and arc drifted around it.

"Oh I get it," He noticed. "A left hairpins is when the staff waves one baton and a right hairpin is when he waves two."

"So this makes it easier to tackle these tight hairpins in the dark." Louis finally understand and floored the gas. A corner was closing in. The staff waved one glowing baton.

"A left bend corner!" Louis thought. He braked and drifted into the corner and Akihiro drifting swiftly beside him. Then, there was a long straightaway.

Akihiro: "Now!!!"

The Dodge Viper's headlights faded. Akihiro had turned it off!

"Crap! Where he go?" Louis looked into his car mirrors. "He's gone!!"

The hoodie heard the sound of a V8 engine. "That's not the sound of my Mercedes."

A corner was closing in. The staff waved two glowing batons and was shocked to only see one pair of headlights.

"Where's the Dodge Viper?!" He yelled.

Both cars parallel drifted into the corner. Louis took the inside, not giving any room to Akihiro as they drifted out. The Dodge Viper headlights were turned back on. The gap had shortened greatly.

"What a move!" Louis thought. "If this keeps up I'll lose!"
_________________________________________
The team was shocked to see the scene on the live stream. It was insanely dangerous.