Episode Thirteen (Clip One)

For many days, Japan seems to have rain. It was a sign that the rainy season had begun.

It was about 11 p.m. at night. Katie, the Dark Water Element racer was in her black FD. She watched the rain drops fall onto her windshield when her smartphone vibrated, signaling a call. She then picked it up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Have you raced the Water Element racer yet??" The voice sounded familiar. It was her boss.

"No, not yet." Katie lied. "He didn't show, I'll try on Friday see if he's there."

"YOU BETTER NOT FAIL ME!" And the voice hung up. Katie smiled and leaned back on her car's bucket seat.

"I've could have told my boss the truth," Katie told herself. "But where's the fun in that?"

"It could have made things a lot easier." Her FD told her. It had a female voice. "I think you're just giving the Water Element a chance to redeem itself."

"We'll have to see my FD." Katie said.
______________________________________
Episode Thirteen~Tsunami

Kaito was screwing a bolt inside the engine of the R34. Beside him was his old blue R32, with the hood opened and engine taken out.

JL and Louis were helping each other in carrying a new windshield. David carefully took off the broken one and replaced it with the new one.

Kaito lighted a blow torch and put on his protective mask. He flashed it onto the broken wing. After the metal melted, the mechanic took off the stock wing.

JL and Louis both helped removed the tyres and put freshly new ones. The blue hair wiped the sweat falling from his forehead as he places the bolts attaching the new tyres.

Then, Kaito with the help of David removed the stock engine, turbocharger, and the inside parts. They replaced it with new aftermarket twin turbo chargers, ECU and many high-end intercoolers from the R32.

Finally, Kaito placed the heavy engine packed with 600 horsepower into the R34. He closed the hood, wiping his sweat.

"Alright, this beast is done!!" Kaito cheered happily but his smile quickly faded when he looked at the big ugly dent on the front bumper of the GT-R.

"David are you sure about this?" Kaito asked, almost puking. "I feel this car is just too....... incomplete."

"JL?" David asked, turning to JL.

"My car might be dented badly...." JL trailed, he tightens the grip of his hands. "But I believe in my car! I don't care if looks crappy, as long as I could race!"

"Alright, it's your choice." David agreed. "Now go and burns some rubber!"

"Sure thing, Sensei!" JL opened the side door of his R34. Suddenly, Kaito put his hand on the blue hair's shoulder before he was about to leave.

"Listen, kid, I'll give you some advice about your new monstrous car's power." Kaito surprisingly spoke in English with an accent.

JL: "What?! You could speak English? Why didn't you say so early? Things would have been easier!"

Kaito chuckles nervously, scratching his head. "Well, I've learned English at my old high school in the past."

"Seriously though, David told me you're the kind of drifting when you attack the corners. That's actually possible to do in your R34 now." Kaito told the blue hair who was shocked.

"Drifting? With a car as heavy as mine?"

"It's possible, your car's factory settings had a lot of unnecessary weight that's slowing your speed down. I've cut all the unnecessary weight off without effecting any of its horsepower."

"What about the drifting?"

"There's a tactic to do it. Listen up, first you----"
______________________________________
(Hakone, Japan)

JL drove his newly modified R34 into the roads of the mountain pass. He was going at an amazing speed of 200km/h downhill.

"I've never knew the power of this car!" JL exclaimed as he shifted into fourth gear. "Alright let's see what you got Dax!"

A U-bend curve was up ahead. JL was losing ground at a faster speed than usual. He didn't have time to slow down. He slammed on the brakes, the tyres screaming behind him, burning rubber. The R34 manages to stop in time before the corner.

"Dang, the disadvantage of this much power is that I can't cut off my speed later then I can use to." JL sighed. "Which means I've to slow down my speed sooner."

"Damn, if only I could drift.." JL thought.

"Guess I've to try the tactic Kaito-Senpai told me about."
______________________________________

JL practiced almost every night for the race. He was able to drift slightly in his dented R34 for the first time after some runs. But it wasn't enough. He practiced every night in that course, rain or not, the blue dented R34 was always seemed in the roads of Hakone, doing drifts along the corners.

But there was one particular corner that made JL lose his rhythm and spin out. It was a tight c-hairpin that appears in the middle of the course. JL went for run after run but he still failed to master it.

"Damn, what's wrong with this corner?!" JL kicked the guardrail in anger. He scanned the structure of the hairpin.

The inside was too tight to enter at the speed of the GT-R. It would be impossible to go in that way, so he looked at the outside of the corner. There was a small slope of grass on the outside of the corner that wasn't blocked by a guardrail.

Then, JL had a brilliant idea. He didn't need to follow the road lines completely.

So the blue hair quickly got in his R34 and continued down the hill. When he got back at that particular curve, he executed his new move and was successfully able to attack the corner with ease. He also found out that he didn't need to cut much of his speed when entering the corner. Guess thinking out of the box really worked.

JL practise till late into the night on the last day before the battle.
______________________________________
Kaito (1998)

Elemental Drifters______________________________________

Elemental Drifters
______________________________________

(Next Clip)