Episode Nine (Clip Two)

(Activate the video on top)

----('Running in the 90s' starts playing)----

Taiki was whistling happily when he looked at his rearview mirror to check if the Mercedes was gone. But it was the opposite, the Mercedes was closing in and tailgating.

"He's shortened the gap!?" Taiki grunted nervously. "That's impossible!" He shifts gear and floors it. Accelerating faster, leaving the Mercedes in the dust behind as the rainwater poured on his windshield. 

The Fairlady Z drifted into a corner as the bystanders 'whoaed'. Taiki steers his Fairlady, angling the drift and then speeding away.

Then came the Mercedes. It drifted flawlessly into the corner.

"Dude, that drift! It was perfect!" One of the bystanders told his friend.

"Wait a minute, the technique he's using is the four-wheel drift! " His friend pointed out.

Taiki grunted as he drifted into another corner. Sweat falling from his forehead although it was about 20 Celsius raining heavily outside. He could sense the powerful headlights of the Mercedes behind him, cutting through the thick rain fog.

"He's caught up to me, how?!" He thought. "My car is lighter weight and has more power but why can't I lose this unmodified Mercedes!?" He nervously shifted gears. Another corner was closing in, he did a braking drift around it, tackling the corner. He glanced at the rearview mirror again and saw the Mercedes tailgating.

"WHAT THE HECK!!! IS THIS SOME BAT FROM HELL!?" He yelled in frustration stepping on the gas pedal harder. A left hairpin was closing in, Taiki was losing ground fast. He brakes hard and was passed by the Mercedes.

"He's not slowing down!?"

"Now Louis!!" Mercy yelled as Louis let goes the gas pedal and steps on the brakes.

Then the Mercedes did an arc drift, wheeling into the left corner easily as he took the lead, the water skidding off his rear tyres.

"The Mercedes took the lead!" A bystander cried.

"What a perfect arc drift!" A drift girl covered her mouth in shock.

"He took the lead?! DAMN IT!" Taiki gripped the steering in anger. He thought it would be an easy match but he was wrong. "This seems to be my hardest opponent ever!" Taiki mumbled as the Mercedes entered a corner at a speed that left a white blur behind it as it drifts.

"Wait is that it?" Taiki saw something. "Show me that again!" He demanded the Mercedes. And like before, the Mercedes drifted into the corner and let out a bright aura behind it.

"Guess I was wrong!" Taiki admitted his mistake. "You are the LIGHT!"

He followed the Mercedes, copying its rhythm into the corner. Taiki began to relax a bit. "Well, if you're the Light then I could go all out!!" He yelled as he emitted his gray aura. "I won't lose to a guy like you, let's see what you got!!"

Louis glanced at his rearview mirror. The 350Z was shortening the gap at a powerful speed. "This guy's got some high horsepower!" Louis noticed his aura. It looked dark and scary. "His closing in, I gotta shake him."

(Back at the summit....)

"This is amazing, we got news that the Mercedes took the lead!" A staff member announced that triggered the crowd to explode in cheers. Joel began choking JL by his throat.

"Who's your Sensei? I wanna learn drifting from him!"

JL: *choking*

Airi was covering her mouth in joy. She never knew Louis would be that good. "Go for it Louis I know you can beat this guy!" She told him in her heart. "Do it for the Elemental Drifters!"
_________________________________________