Episode Thirteen (Clip Three)

----('I won't fall apart' starts playing)----

(On the bottom of the hill......)

The race was starting as both cars got onto the starting. The black FD was at the front, behind was the R34. Both cars revved loudly.

"Well since last week that racer said the countdown in his own language, it wouldn't hurt if I said it in mine." Airi thought. "Alright, I'm starting the countdown! In five seconds!"

(The countdown will be in Japanese)
"五 go!!......四 yohn!!.....三 san!!......
二 ni!....一 ichi!! Go!!" Airi yelled as both cars took off.

The FD speeds, leaving JL behind the dust. Katie shifts gear and steps on the gas.

The first corner was closing in. Katie brakes and pulled the E- brake. The FD drifted into a corner as Katie counter steers and then speeding away.

JL was behind, he was ready to relieve his secret weapon. He steers into the curve lightly, the R34 began to slide and drifts into the corner.

(Beat drops)

"What the hell! That R34 is drifting?!" A bystander cried in disbelief seeing a heavy Skyline executing a perfect drift and closing the gap. "How is that possible?!"

JL grinned, remembering the tactic Kaito had told him to do. It was playing over and over into his head. Another corner was closing in. JL downshifted and brakes. Power drifting into the corner with the FD.

Katie was shocked that the R34 was twin drifting beside her. Both cars recovered and accelerated on the straight.

"Hah, what a fool of him flashing off his drifts." Katie mumbled. "It's only a matter of time before his front tyres lose their grip of all the heavy weight of the GT-R. He'll fall behind and I'll just settle the match!" She said and stepped on the acceleration.
_________________________________________
(On the summit......)

"The R34 is drifting?!" Marcus couldn't believe it when he got the news. "He could lose the grip on his tyres at a faster rate!"

The team panicked, but only David seemed calm.

"Sensei, you seem calm. What do you think JL is doing?" Louis asked.

David laughs. "You guys don't understand. JL didn't even lost a single tyre traction during that drift."

The group was confused. It was impossible for that to happen.

"Ok, I'll explain," David began. "A power slide is where you use a highly powered engine that I'm sure any Skyline has, to break traction in the front tyres. Because you're essentially using engine power to clip grip real fast, the more powerful the engine is, the more wild the power over is."

"Thus, the R34s weight has been reduced, so the tyres won't be wear off that easily."

"Wait so your saying that the faster JL goes the easier his car slides?" Louis asked.

"That's right." David said.
_________________________________________

Both cars wheeled around the corner, JL counter steers perfectly, maintaining a solid drift throughout the curve.

Another L-bend curve closed in. The FD dives headfirst into the corner and drifts. JL downshift and brakes, arc drifting flawlessly into the hairpin.

"Dude, what a drift! It's amazing a
GT-R could do that!" One of the bystanders recorded the scene into his smartphone.

Katie pulled in the straights. She was confident that the R34 would have showed down.

But suddenly, her rear-view mirror began to flicker. She glanced at it, shocked to see the R34 closing in and tailgating.