22. What a day

22.

I shut my eyes tight at the contact of someone's hand on my torso, and frozen to the spot - not daring to move a muscle. I felt I was being lifted and pulled away from I assume, the window.

Darn, my efforts have gone down the drain.

The funny thing was, whoever this person who's holding on to me right now, didn't put me down. I feel a strong burly arm wrapping around the back of my legs, and my front is being squashed by what it felt like...a shoulder? A strong cologne fills my nostrils, making my button nose twitch.

Soon, this person was moving at a rather fast speed while I pretend to play dead. Something must've gone wrong with my brain because, when someone catches you you're supposed to be wailing and hitting them back and do your own self-defence. I'm a complete opposite of that.

I have to question my mum about me - has she ever dropped me down a flight of stairs or maybe from the second floor.

Crunching sounds could be heard, like twigs being snapped and leaves being stepped on. Daring myself to open my eyes, I was met with a round butt...and a dirty ground filled with leaves. Now I'm starting to panic.

Finally something right is going on with me!

Pushing aside the panic that's slowly building in me, I balled up my fist preparing to hit this person multiple times on his back. And if he doesn't budge, I'm going to pinch his damn round butt. I'm not gonna pinch normally, like the skin to skin kind of pinch. I'm going to pinch his fleshy bum using my nails. So it'll be nails to nails with flesh in between.

"Don't, Indie. I know what you're trying to do."

I exhale a great amount of air from my mouth, releasing all the worries and panic. I visibly relax when I hear his voice.

"We're going to reach the car soon. Just don't fidget too much." He informs me and starts to run. It started as a jog, then it slowly increases to a run. And soon, wind from all different directions was blowing in my face, my body jerking along with the movement.

I swiftly rest both hands on his back, pulling myself slightly upwards so as not to let the blood flow to my brain and pushes my glasses up before they could slip out and fall to the ground. I then realized that we're in the forest and there wasn't any sight of the restaurant. There is still sight of it, but it's so tiny from here. How long have we been out by the way?

"How long have we been out here?" I voice out my thoughts.

"Not sure - maybe roughly less than five minutes?" He replies without sounding all out of breath at all. He probably has an excellent stamina to carry me and run and talk at the same time.

If I was in his shoes, I would've stopped and take a deep breath and resume walking. Yes walking - I'm too lazy to run.

"Where are we going?" I query.

"To my car."

I readjust my glasses and inhale a sharp intake of breath. A few distance behind us - or in my position, in front of me - there were two two pairs of golden eyes staring right at me.

No, I must be hallucinating. Must be from all the blood that's rushing to my head.

I shake my head side to side closing my eyes in the process. When I reopen them, the golden eyes were gone. Then a bone chilling howl could be heard, it was loud and clear and it sounded like an animal is in agony. It made me feel...sad for its lost. Like I know what it's going through, because I'm going through the same thing.

Whoa, whoa, wait - did I say sad? Why in the world would I feel sad because of some howling? Where did I get these feelings from? And I'm definitely not going through the same things.