15. Full Moon

15.

After I gave back Theo his phone, I pick up sleeping Wyatt from the sofa bed in the living room and head upstairs, where I would tuck him properly in his crib. I was aware of Theo following me along the way because of the way he would not so quietly walking behind me. It was like an elephant getting up the stairs.

I disregard his presence while tucking Wyatt, and after doing so I kiss his chubby cheeks and leave the room. I caught sight of the wall mounted clock in the hallway, 22:00. I don't feel tired since I spend my entire afternoon sleeping after the surprise meeting with Theodore, so I went downstairs to watch TV, hopefully that will make me feel tired and sleepy.

Before I step into the living room, I made my way to the kitchen. I grab myself a glass of coke and told Theo to get whatever he wants. At least that'll give me some time to walk alone, in my own house.

I kept playing the conversation I had with Tyler earlier on and it just doesn't make sense - why would he tell me not to go to the woods tomorrow? Well, whatever it is, I'm not gonna bother.

I continue to flip through all the channel until I settle for Dance Moms. I watched that show once and to say I was mad while watching was an understatement - I was burning with rage, at who and what, I don't know. All I know is that the show makes my blood boil but I still want to watch it.

I saw his figure beside me, and seconds later felt the cushion dip. We watch Abby rant at the the kids while the moms talks about how they want their kids to have a solo and whatnot.

"So, silent treatment now?" Theo interrupts when one of the mom yells her head off at Abby for something which I didn't get to hear. "I didn't do anything wrong y'know."

I look at him with a blank look, "Who says I'm mad? Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm planning a murder, even if I am I won't tell you."

He gasps audibly. "You're gonna murder me? Tyler would be so heartbroken! We won't able to pursue our dreams together, in romance."

I turn sharply at him, raising an eyebrow.

"No no no," he quickly said when he'd processed his words. "We're not romantically involved! What I meant was, we won't be able to be each other's best man at weddings - if you kill me."

"I'm not the only flower in the garden."

"To you. But to him - you're the only flower that shines bright among the rest. And trust me, he'll never leave your side."

"That sounds very...comforting." I utter, and take a sip of the drink. "Why won't you kill me? Isn't that what you're planning?"

He shot me an incredulous look. "Tyler will have my balls if I lay a hand on you-"

"What is it with guys who always says he will have my balls if I do this and that. Do you not like having your balls intact? Why can't you threaten each other by gnawing their eyes out or chopping a limb? And what is he even going to do if he has your balls?" I pause. "He gonna stitch yours next to his?"

"He's gonna have another pair of balls." Theo finishes the sentence and laughs his head off.

I had a mental image of him when Theo said that, and I too, burst out laughing. We kept laughing and laughing until no voice came out of our mouth and Theo was clapping his hands like a seal. He looks retarded and funny; he had both legs underneath him and was currently on his knees on the sofa. He has his head thrown back, eyes tightly shut and most wide open, but no sound emits from it. And both hands in front of him, clapping every few seconds.

I had stop laughing a minute ago, but when I saw his stance, I ended up laughing again. Our booming laughter blocks out the noise from the tv.

Soon my parents came back and meaning Theo has to go. He gives me a warm hug and waves to both of my parents, before he gets onto his bike. I bid my parents goodnight and head upstairs, into my room. I hopped onto my comfortable bed and face the white ceiling.