12. Babysitter

Oh mother of all cheese, you guys! This books is going to reach 2k! That is utterly unbelievable! Thank you so much for all of your supports <3

12.

I took a last look around the room that I've been sharing with Avril for the past week, and sigh audibly along with my shoulder slumped. I know we still have school, technology and whatnot, but I can't shake off the feeling that this will probably be the last time that I'll see her again. I've gotten used to the idea of me and Avril going home together, living under the same roof. Sleeping in the same room. I'll never get tired of seeing her face, ever.

Closing the door behind, leaving behind the images of Avril weird sleeping position. How I wished I had recorded it and show it to her, I laugh softly upon thinking that thought. When I've reached the bottom of the stairs, the entire of Reed's family were present. Mrs Reed had a forced happy mask on, Mr Reed had his usual blank look - sometimes I really wonder if he has feelings. Robyn was pouting adorably, her eyebrows were pulled together making lines forming on her forehead and she had her arms crossed in front of her chest.

I walk over to Robyn and kneel down to her level. "Hey Robbie, no pouting." I say, as I tap her lower lip that was jutting, gently. "You won't look pretty."

"You won't watch Oggy with me anymore...I won't have anyone to play with and someone remind me I'm pretty." Her arms slowly unfold themselves and placing by her side. Her eyes were now glassy.

Please don't cry, please don't cry, I keep chanting in my head. I won't know what to do if a kid cry.

"I just live a couple blocks away. I'll come by whenever I have the time, alright?" I open up my arms and Robyn immediately fell into me. I rolled my hands behind her back, stroking her hair with one hand. "You still have Avril. Be nice to her, she's your sister too." I whisper softly into her ear.

Robyn pulls her head back, her green bluish eyes were glassy, tears were threatening to spill. She was biting into her lower lip, which was trembling, to prevent herself from crying. I held her gaze, sending a telepathic message to her; you are strong. She briefly nods as a response before going back to her previous position.

I don't know came over Robyn this morning. She didn't talk to Avril, scream, play or even look at her in the eye. Normally Avril would give her Kit Kat and everything will go back to normal. But not today. Avril and I, we had tried many different ways to make Robyn speak with her sister, or at least yell at her if she doesn't want to talk. All we got from her is 'I hate you'.

Both of us were taken aback when Robyn had said it with pure hatred towards her sister. She has never and I mean, never ever said that word to anyone. According to Avril, Robyn has been acting like that before I even wake up and tell them the news. Speaking about the news of me going home, without Mr Reed even giving me the green light. I told them the news over breakfast and everyone seems shocked but I can't say the same for Mr Reed.

He did ask why the sudden need for me to go home. I actually think that's a ridiculous question because a. I have a family back home. B. I miss them all, and lastly c. I can't stay here forever and break my sister's family up. I only told them that I miss my family and that was enough for them to believe. By the way, it's the truth, I do miss my family.

Getting back up on my feet, I direct my gaze over to Avril who looks all gloomy. My face imitates hers and I pull her in for a hug. A tight hug.

"I am so sorry Indie." She whispers in my ear, blowing warm breath onto my neck which was tickling me.

"There's no need to apologize, you did nothing wrong." I assured her, rubbing her back in a comforting manner. What is wrong with both sisters? They both are acting like we'll never see each other again.