13. Theodore

I just wanna say, you guys do realise that it's still February right? And this book, has reached over 2k reads! I don't know how you guys did it but you people are amazeballs!

Artic Monkeys ' Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High' >>>>

13.

I woke up to the sound of Wyatt soft laughter in the background. Slowly opening my eyes, I was momentarily blinded by the bright light. In a flash my eyes closes back, I squint my eyes for a few times before opening them back. Wyatt chubby round face was hovering over me once I open my eyes.

"Didi." Wyatt mutters, tilting his head to the side which makes his lips graze my forehead as he speak.

"Hey little guy," my voice sounded hoarse and rough. I wonder how long I've been sleeping. Little bits of pieces flashes through my mind and when it finally lands on one thing, or person, a loud gasp emits from my mouth. Which gives Wyatt the advantage to put the tip of his pointer finger in my mouth. I playfully nibble on his finger and it makes him laugh, which unfortunately for me, his drool came out and lands on my forehead.

"Ew, Wyatt! That's nasty." I playfully glare at him.

I slide my head away from him and sits up, wiping his saliva with the sleeve of my shirt. Wyatt just continues to observe my actions with wondering eyes.

"That's just nasty." A deep voice says making me freeze midway. Turning my head to the side, to the source of the oh so familiar voice, I saw him sitting by my bed on my purple chair.

I sigh loudly, "Is there any way that I could get rid of you?" I still sound weird and kinda scratchy, like I just went to a rock concert and shout my lungs out.

I hear movements but didn't pay attention to them. Instead I focus on Wyatt, he's currently biting his thumb, or sucking it. Either one. When his adorable bright brown eyes met mine, he giggles with his thumb still in his mouth and drool escapes from the corner of his lips. I scoot closer to him and gently swat his thumb with my finger while making a clicking noise with my tongue.

"No, Wyatt. It's dirty." I utter while wiping his drool with his shirt.

A tap on my shoulder diverts my attention to him. Turning my head around, big biceps hands me a glass of water. I scrutinize the glass of clear water in his grasp, and shifts my eyes between the glass and him.

"It's just water."

"You could've spit in there and say water, too."

"You want me to spit for real?" He query, bringing the glass closer to his chin. "I could show if you want."

"Then you're gonna drink it."

"That's sick!"

"You started it." I retort and grabs the glass out of his big hands. I took two long gulps and wipe the remaining water around my lips with the back of my hand. My throat feels much better; before it feels dry and I could barely swallow any saliva to moisten the area.

"Thanks." I mutter as he takes the glass from my hands and place it on my bedside. Big biceps sit down in the chair, facing me.

I shift uncomfortably in my bed under his intense gaze; like he's studying me. Ignoring the fact that his eyes were burning holes in my face, I swiftly pick up Wyatt and place him in my laps. Bringing my hands around his waist, he plays with my fingers and even tries to put the in his mouth. At least I feel somewhat safe now that Wyatt is on my lap; he could be my shield, although I know it's wrong.

A sister should protect her little brother, not making him as a shield.

"No, Wyatt. It's ticklish, me no likey."