1. Tree House

1.

Avril and I were hanging out at our tree house that our dad's had built for us, when we were three. We'd decorated it with fairy lights all over, two bean bags - Purple is mine and the red is Avril's. An iPod docking system, a two seat sofa bed with our favourite blanket neatly tucked on it. And a small shelf - I built it with the help of Avril - of books, situated right beside the bean bags.

A couple poster of our favourite bands and there's even a swing downstairs, and a hammock too. I love laying on the hammock as I read while Avril plays the swing.

There might not be lots of stuff, but we're content with it because this is sort of our own little haven together.

We've cried over boys, exchange gossips, slept over countless time and even held our own dance party blasting the music like nobody's business. Well, our tree house is located in the middle of the woods.

You might be thinking, what were our father's thinking while building a tree house for a three year olds in the middle of the woods?

Beats me.

I'm glad they did 'cos we're able to get away from reality and just sit down with my best friend.

We were currently taking pictures with Cody Simpson playing in the background. Avril loves to take pictures, she'll print them out and place some in here on the wooden wall or put them in her scrapbook. She'll even give me the pictures and I'll paste them on my wall.

There's a collage of pictures on a certain part in my room. Pictures of everyone that I've took pictures with, except that it's filled with Avril and I face.

When Avril's satisfied with the amount of pictures that we've took, she plugs her camera on her laptop. I grab two Snicker bars from our secret stash - our secret stash consists of candy bars. Heaps and heaps of it - and tossed one to Avril, which she caught it with ease. 

I sing along to the song as we looked at the pictures that we've taken. Avril looks photogenic at every angle of every photo and there's me. I look like an awkward human with my nerdy glasses, posing beside a photogenic person.

Avril hands me the printed pictures - yes, we have a small printer in here too - and I love a certain picture of us that seem so carefree.

We were lying on our back, on the bean bags, I held the camera above us and we made goofy faces. I had my chocolate eyes crossed and sticks my tongue out while Avril green bluish eyes meets the camera lens, she made a half smile half duck face, making her dimples slightly visible.

We posed for the camera as we tugged at each others' hair; I had her orangey red hair wrapped around my hand and she has my black hair around her.

I'm definitely adding this photo to my collage.

Avril had to leave to pick her younger sister, Robyn, up at the preschool. I chose to stay for a while, just to have some me time. We embraced each other and did our handshakes before she leaves.

I crank up the volume on my iPod while I tidy up the place a little. I threw the candy wrapper in the cute frog like bin that Mum had bought for us, and ensure that the secret stash is hidden well. I don't want any animals to be smelling them and steal it away.

That's another reason why I tidy up the place before I leave. If any of these things are found out of their disposition, that would mean somebody found this place. But so far nothing's out of place.

I place my bag over my shoulder, pulled my iPod out of the docking system and put it in my bag prior to leaving. Close the wooden door behind me and slowly descend down the stairs.

Glancing down at my wristwatch, it stated 19:45. I didn't realised I had taken that long to clean up the place. Doubling my pace, tightening my bag, I hurriedly move towards my car. Looking around every now and then, whenever I heard the crickets sound. The woods looked eerily spooky, with the tall trees, and more tall trees ahead. The only source of light I got was from the moonlight, which was shining brightly.

I avert my gaze towards the moon and a small smile erupts on my face; it was a full moon. A beautiful one at that.

My head diverts back to the woods when I heard something snap. I was beginning to feel scared; maybe I've never been home alone since I have Avril by my side all the time. Pushing the particular emotion aside, I pulled out my iPod and put on the headphones and hit the play button as I continue to jog down to my car.

I could see my car in view. Tightening my grasp around my bag and ran forward to it, but my foot caught onto a thing, and I fell to the side. My arms stretched before me, saving my face from the fall, however I accidentally smashed my iPod in the process. Therefore cracking the screen. 

Great, now I got to answer mum.

I pushed myself to a kneeling state, and check for any bleeding, anywhere. I had only scraped my knees, thankfully not so serious. And there were a few minors scratches on my shin, nothing that first aid couldn't do.

I then attend to my cracked iPod screen. Pulling my headphones off, resting it around my neck, and I run a finger against the jagged line on the screen, feeling the rough edges under my touch.

The screen cracked right in the middle with a small circle like shape that was encircled by a bigger circle. Pressing the play button, I heard music playing. That's good, at least I'm still able to listen to it.

I was putting away the gadgets in my bag and that's when I heard it. A low, deep but calm breathing is being heard on my right. I could feel its gaze burning a hole on the side of my face. Disregarding the presence, I zipped up my bag and drape it over my shoulder as I try to stand up.

I wobbled when I regain my footing, and instantly shifts my weight over to my left when I felt a sharp pain ignites from my ankle. Cautiously, I dragged myself to my car, still aware of the eyes that was probably following my every move. Ignoring the growing pains that I felt as I move, I willed myself to keep moving forward.

I mentally cheered in victory in my head when I've finally reached my car. Bringing my bag over to the front and I search for my car key, only to find them missing. Searching again, I heard breathing, only that this time it sounded really close.

Really, really close.

My heart was hammering in my heart, my hands were sweating as I dug into my pockets, finding for my key. Why did I not leave with Avril? Oh, that's because you wanted to have some me time. The little voice in my head said - Seriously little voice of Indigo's, this isn't the time for one of your famous remarks!

I was busy with my own thoughts until I felt a warm and ticklish sensation on my neck. Warm and ticklish?...oh my god... My breathing hitched, I couldn't think nor move any of my muscles, they really chose the greatest timing of all times not to cooperate and listen to the brain!

I then felt a metallic thing with my finger; my keys!

I hooked my finger onto the keychain that I'd put it along with my car key, and shakily but quietly as possible taking it out. I took a teeny weeny step forward, close enough to unlock my car and pray to the stars above that whatever is behind me doesn't notice.

When I'd managed to unlock the door, I gulped when I felt something against my neck, I heard it took a deep breath...wait, more like sniffing me? Before it nuzzle onto me. And when I said nuzzle, I could feel a huge round thing, with warm air puffing out hitting my neck.

Then, that means it's a nose!

Slowly bringing my eyes up to the reflection on my car door, I almost cry out loud! Luminous gold eyes were staring right back at me, and that was the last thing I saw before darkness fills my world.

♠♥♠♥♠♥♠