23. We Meet Again, Indigo.

Dedicated to @JustTanHere for being the first one to correctly guess Ryan's mate!

Tyler & Mallory Picture >><><><>>><>

23.

The next morning, I had some problems with my car it just wouldn't start, which surprises me because my parents bought me this beauty of mine just last year. I'm not an expert with cars so I wouldn't know what exactly happened and since I was running late, I dialled Avril and we went to school together.

I was supposed to have Mr Ethan's class for my first period but he wasn't here today, so we have a substitute teacher filling in for him. That didn't raise any suspicions from me because I believe teachers are humans too and they need a break.

Or maybe he finally realise that we will never work out after what happened yesterday.

During a free period, instead of heading to the library like I always do, I went to the bleachers to find for Ryan. After what'd happened last night, I don't know if I should avoid him or continue to be friends with him - frankly speaking I don't know if we're together as a couple together or just friends.

I just don't want to get mixed signals. Even though I can't get the image of his scary looking eyes off my mind.

My hopes went down when I didn't see him. Ryan had promised me to answer the questions that I'm yearning for, and that's why I'm finding for him. I did call him but he didn't pick up either, so I sent him a text message asking if he's alright.

Just before the bell goes off for lunch, Avril went back home saying that she wasn't feeling so good, her stomach was acting up. She looked fine to me, no hints of pain written on her face - but then again pain isn't always shown on the face. Before she leaves, Avril promised me that she'll be picking me up from school, since she's my only ride. I tried to reason with her that I could just take the bus but she wouldn't take that as an answer.

Well, that just leaves me alone until school ends.

A few people passed by saying 'hi' while I was making my way to the cafeteria. Finding a perfect spot, which is away from all the other cliques and students, I settled down and pull out the lunch that mum had made me.

Mum used to make for me lunch when I was still in grade school but it stops when I reached high school. Now it's starting again and I'm not going to complain. I kinda like it if I bring lunch from home, because that'll mean that I won't need to spend my lunch money. I'm not being petty or anything, it's just that I like to save money and buy my own stuff without asking my folks for it.

Just as I was about to take a bite on my peanut butter jelly, a chair beside me was being dragged against the tile making screeching sound. I pull my face away from the bread, twist my neck towards the person who did that and I had a mini heart attack when I saw who it was.

Sitting down beside me is none other than Mallory Matthews. Her long straight brown hair with golden highlights was being let down, reaching her waist. Wearing a white graphic tee that was tucked in her high waisted dark black jeans paired with black wedge to complete the entire look. Mallory could totally pull off that look with just anything that she wears even if it's just a plain tee and yoga pants.

She's one of the many girls that's able to wear heels without walking awkwardly. Maybe that's because she's been crowned as the town's beauty queen twice in a row.

Glancing down at my attire; I had worn a black tee with the Harley Davidson logo in gold, a pair of ripped grey skinny jeans and my Converse to complete it all. Nothing fanciful about it.