7. Surprise

As promised, some of you asked for a new chapter as a Valentine's Day a gift & here it is! :)

Happy Valentine's Day y'all! (I'm still waiting for my chocolates)

7.

Questions occupies the space in my mind. What are they talking about? Rising Moon and Beta? I glance up at the night sky, a moon is indeed a part of the night canvas and it's shining brightly down at Earth and it's still half moon. What's a Beta though? Is it some sort of a secret gang code?

"Why is he here?!" Big biceps sound pissed and a tint of fear lace around his words. "Did he do anything to her?" He adds.

"He proposed to her-"

"WHAT!?" Big biceps yell out loud with rage. How is Mr Lee still able to sleep through this ruckus that might turn into a fight if guy number two doesn't choose his words wisely. On another note I guess it's alright since I doubt they're going to break into the old man's house.

"Will you let me finish before you yell my ear off!" Guy two huffs out it annoyance. "He proposed to her about a date I guess, she was ecstatic. He confessed, she confessed and next thing I know she ran away. Or that's what it looks like...trying to run away."

"Why would she run away?"

"He held a knife at her throat, dumbass." I could tell he was trying to hold back a smile because he looks kinda constipated right now.

"WHY ARE YOU ONLY TELLING ME NOW!?" Big biceps bellow, towering over his friend, face inches apart from each other, who was now looking scared shitless all traces of humour vanish from his face

"Shit man, calm your muscles down." Guy two utters nervously. "I was just pulling your leg."

"It won't be a joke if I feed your balls to the rogues before Alpha could do so!"

I accidentally let out a soft laughter and put my head on the ground without any delay. Crap! How could I be so dumb?! It's alright Indie, they wouldn't have heard you. I was busy reassuring myself to notice that the guys went quiet too. I didn't dare to move from my spot, fear that I would step on a leaf or make a noise in this already quiet night.

When I was positive that they had probably run away, thinking I'd found out about their secret code or something, I slowly crawl backwards. The wind then thinks it'll would be fun to intervene and mess things up a little. I shudder slightly when the wind came into contact with my skin.

I wrap my jacket tightly around my body, not letting a single air inside. And then proceed to continue my ninja moves, which is crawling backwards and away from the scene.

"Ethan, you smell that?" I froze when I heard big biceps voice. Why are they still here? "This is her scent, isn't it?"

I hear someone sniffing the air, which I assume is Ethan, and I found myself sniffing the air too. The more I sniff, the more cold air enters my nostrils. Not to mention that I couldn't find whatever scent they were talking about.

"It is. I think she's been listening to our conversation."

And I take that as my cue to escape. Not caring if they would catch me and kill me there and then, I hastily stood on both feet tightening my jacket and ran all the way back home.

And definitely not knowing that I drop my phone along the way.

"Indie, rise and shine cowgirl!"

I felt the bed dip and the next thing I know, somebody was jumping on it, making my body leap in the air then sink back. It happens for a minute until I finally couldn't take it anymore. I abruptly swing my leg over to jumping Avril. She wasn't able to dodge it in time, therefore she let out a shriek before stretching her arms out thinking it'll save her from the inevitable fall.