10. Decisions

This is my first time writing someone else's POV. I hope you'll like it :)

10.

Avril Reed

I pull my legs up on the leather couch and wrap my arms around them, pulling it closer to my chest. Resting my cheek on my knee as I look over at my dad, who was seated behind his mahogany desk with papers all piled up. All those papers are just for shows, just a pretence.

Just like how I'm pretending to be something I'm not towards my own best friend, Indie.

The thought of me losing someone so close to me is like having a doctor telling you that they're going to cut off your limbs because it's useless. In this situation, my dad is the doctor but he isn't going to cut my limbs. Not if he wants his wife to come after him with a chainsaw in hand.

Dad is currently studying a blueprint in his hand. My dad isn't a businessman nor is he an architect. It's a blueprint of a certain house from somewhere at the other end of the town. The reason why he has the blueprint in his hand is because he's studying it before he carefully plans out his actions.

And most of the times his plan includes me. It's not like I have any say in this. My dad once said, "As long as you have a Reed for your last name, you are included in everything." True enough, he includes me in everything. And last year, I somehow manage to make him proud by killing the person who had killed my own grandfather.

At first, the thought of me killing their own kind, made me sick to my stomach. I do have adequate trainings with my dad (another list to add to the things that Indigo doesn't know) but I never got the chance to hands on, not until that day. November 20th.

Dad had ordered his men to bring Dylan in an abandon house, somewhere in the middle of the woods, where no human or wolf's could hear the gunshot and his howling. There we tortured him how Dylan and his pack tortured my grandfather. I didn't take part in the torturing, I just stood by the door and watch them hurt Dylan.

They would beat, kick and slap his face and Dylan couldn't do a thing about it since he's chained to the walls. And the chains are coated with silver. I would leave just before the gruesome part; one of dad's wingman, Tim, he would take my crossbow and aim it directly in the centre of Dylan's chest. The arrow is coated with silver, mind you. That isn't the end. After the little archery practice - I merely quote Tim - he will then take out his own silver spear and slash it all over Dylan's body.

His piercing scream could be heard all over the rundown house and probably the entire woods. Tim will then leave him alone, not attending to the open wounds at all, leaving him all alone to heal by himself. He did heal though, but after his healing process the cycle would repeat.

The torturing came to an end when Dylan's pack manages to find him through the weak mindlink. Exactly one hour before his pack arrives, dad made his mind up to just kill him for good. He made me have the honor in killing my first werewolf. I wasn't excited upon hearing that because, I wouldn't want to be reminded of his blood on my hands whenever I write or do something with them, although another part of me is excited since it'll be my first kill.

And if adding pressure to his own daughter isn't enough, he drags Indigo into the picture. I still remember his exact word vividly, till this very day.

"I won't mind if you won't kill Dylan, cos I'll just get one of my men to kill him before you could even blink. But I hope you certainly won't mind if I kill Indigo right before your very naked eyes before you could even take the next breath. So make a wise choice Avril and make daddy proud by killing him. I wouldn't want to kill an innocent girl like Indigo."