27. I'm not stupid.

I hope this chapter is long enough to satisfy your thirst quench ;)

27.

Avril pushed herself off the ground, dusting dirt off her shirt and trousers and smoothing the wrinkles of her shirt. She dragged her fingers over her red hair to untangle the knots and stops midway when she realised that six pairs of eyes were on her.

"What?"

"Did you invite anyone else?" Tyler query, his fist clenched and unclenched.

"No, why?" She folds her arm, her eyes shifting between Tyler and Ethan and lands back on Tyler.

"Someone apparently thinks that it'll be fun to join the party."

I looked at all three of them, with a puzzling look. "What are you guys talking about? Who's here?"

Tyler opens his mouth to speak but Ethan has other plans. "No time. They're getting closer." His gaze settled on Tyler. "We have to get out of here, now. Right now."

All of a sudden, Avril's voice occupies my mind. "Get out of there right now, Indie." Avril exclaims firmly. "RIGHT NOW INDIGO! THIS ISN'T A JOKE!" She bellows.

I stood still, not moving an inch at all. I was shocked as to which part of my memory did her voice came from. I blocked all noises and try to concentrate again on the voice, trying to match it with any of the recent memories I had. I was frustrated when nothing showed up; hold up, maybe that's some sort of clue that might lead me to the missing piece of my memory.

My name was being called out and my head instinctively snaps up finding the source of the voice. Tyler was in front of my face, his blue eyes studying me.

"Everything alright?" He asks gently.

I'm not - I've had random pieces of memories, I think, that seems to just pop out of nowhere. And they leave me bemused.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I add a small smile to prove to him that nothing's wrong.

Tyler didn't seem to buy it, but he let it slide. He embraces me, stroking my hair in a soothing manner while he hides his face in the crook of my neck.

"I have to go." I hear him murmur against my shoulder. "I'll be back though - I'm not letting you off this easy, not when I just finally got you."

I craned my neck to the side, to meet his face. "What are you talking about?"

Tyler let out a small sigh, "Avril will explain it to you, although I rather explain it to you myself."

"Tyler. Let's go, he's gonna arrive any minute now." Ethan says, glancing around the woods, mostly in the direction where Tyler had parked his car.

I could tell that Tyler was forcing him to leave me alone with Avril. I don't have any problem with that, even when she tried to kill me; I may sound naive, but again, I believe that there's a reason behind that action. Avril wouldn't just jump on me and attack out of nowhere.

"Go, I'll be fine." I trace his cheekbone with the back of my hand. "We still can chat." I add, remembering that we used to chat before this.

"I'll call you later then."

"You don't even have my number."

"That's what Ethan's for." Tyler smirks. "He has your particulars, including your address, contact numbers and such."

I gasp as my eyes widen. "You guys are stalking me too?"

"Tyler!" Ethan exclaims, sounding impatient. "I'm leaving your ass here in five seconds if we don't get out now."