11. Family vs Friend

This chapter is dedicated to FatinNasuha7 for the amazing comment on the previous chapter. Thank you, my friend :)

Shoutout to bajubiru & vampires18tiffanyd for reading and voting every single chapter! That is just wow! Thanks guys for the support :')

11. [Re-edited]

"...if you don't tell her the truth about our family I'm not going to blame you because I don't want you to lose a great friend like her. Although we will still protect her and her family. But I'm afraid your dad won't like it. Make a wise decision Avrilia, you're a smart kid."

It wasn't my intention to pry into their family business but they should think twice before saying something in front of the room. Even if it's a few feet away. I toss around, letting out a loud sigh; not only it's Avril secret but it's the whole of the Reed's family too.

What kind of decisions did Mr Reed give his daughter until she has to choose it and if she doesn't choose the right one, what will he do? He's not gonna kick Avril out of the house, is he? I hope it isn't anything bad.

I lie on my back, rest an arm over my forehead and the other over my waist. My mind suddenly replays what had happened after the voice roared again the same time Ryan kiss me. After the kiss on the cheek, he abruptly pushes me behind his back and yell out for me to run. Seeing that's my cue, I did as told and uncapped the perfume bottle, spraying it all over my body as I ran.

I could've taken Ryan car but he didn't hand me his keys and I'm not an expert at breaking someone's car. The funny thing is that I still manage to think rationally as I run for my life. I wouldn't want to do any damage to his car; smash his window and do those cool things that actions movies always does when they break into somebody's car. Although I have a feeling that Ryan wouldn't mind if I did that, but I'm not gonna risk it.

When I was halfway running, I decide to break one of the promise which is, not to look behind no matter what happens. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw Ryan attacking someone with big build. My guess would be big biceps. I mean, it's only right for you to beat the living crap out of the leader's assistant before you get to the leader itself, right? Just when I was about to face the front, I heard a loud cracking sound, like the breaking of bones kind of sound. My feet immediately stop running on their own accord and I stay glued to the spot.

I was searching for the source of the cracking sounds, I wanna know if anyone was hurt. I don't care if it's Ryan, Big Biceps or Ethan because that sound sounded pretty bad, loud and disgusting. I've never heard that kind of sound before! Not even when I'd witnessed my cousin breaking an arm due to skateboarding.

I open my mouth to yell out any of the three names that comes into mind first when a bizarre thing happen. I might be freaking out or probably going mental or maybe due to lack of oxygen in my brain, whichever it is. Ryan voice fills my head, he said, Run! It could be my subconscious imitating his voice, I don't know.

But what I do know is that my body obey his command because I could feel a powerful aura on his voice itself. He sounded more like ordering me rather than telling me.

So, I did as told and ran for my life, although I so badly want to help whoever was hurting back there. I keep running and running, never once stopping to take any breath or to look back. I ran until I reach the Reed's house. I banged my fist on the door and within seconds, Mrs Reed answers it and I almost collapse on the floor due to exhaustion.